Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much does it cost to be your brother and what kind of items could one expect to receive in that role?
Only the phattest of lewt from a 25 gnome necro bruh
Old 05-25-2016, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

When trading large amounts of platinum or items for nothing in return, it's a good idea to send some tells explaining the transaction. People do this all the time with transfers and payments for MQs.

The idea is that a GM seeing the transaction as suspicious would hopefully review the tells/communications between the two players, and then could corroborate what was said with other logs e.g. encounter logs for MQs.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

I know when I'm busy working, I will ask my friend if he wants to borrow my fungi for the week/weekend. I have another friend that I usually give all my loot to and occasionally he'll give me random amounts of platinum. Like Doctor said, though, logs would easily show us grouping almost daily and we log into each others accounts for various reasons.

That being said, nobody would suspect an RMT for your gossimer robe and dragoon dirk. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2016, 02:36 PM
Fire Giant

My buddy gave me some elder beads and like 50k in items and no issues

Have also exchanged 20k+ trades one way multiple times and no problems
Old 05-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

I have heard some horror stories about mistakes in an RMT ban with people just giving gear, but I will be stripping all my toons so I just want to be cautious lol
Old 05-25-2016, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I have never had any issues at all. I transfer gear all the time between my accounts. Although my mules name is Transfersaurus so that may help lol.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When trading large amounts of platinum or items for nothing in return, it's a good idea to send some tells explaining the transaction. People do this all the time with transfers and payments for MQs.

The idea is that a GM seeing the transaction as suspicious would hopefully review the tells/communications between the two players, and then could corroborate what was said with other logs e.g. encounter logs for MQs.
Is that even possible? lol..

I didn't think GM's could access (atleast easily) those types of communications. If they could, why would they always require people sending them logs of incidents?
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 05-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that even possible? lol..

I didn't think GM's could access (atleast easily) those types of communications. If they could, why would they always require people sending them logs of incidents?
GMs can check chat logs. Its much easier for volunteers to be given the information they need though instead of going through all the logs themselves plus they probably use their logs to check your logs to make sure they werent tampered with.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

First rule of anything on p99.... Whatever you do, dont let your "brother" play.

Its always the brothers getting up to no good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2016, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

what if you had an account back in 2010 (or whenever P99 started), subsequently stopped playing and picked back up in 2016. But, you couldn't remember your password at first and made a new account.
...then you remember your old password, transfer some of your gear to your new account and stop using the old one. Would they ban you for something like this?
Closed Thread