Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Nexii's Erotic Adventures: Love Rotation

Neriak, Nexii’s Quarters

Nexii hummed to herself in solitary séance. She was sitting cross-legged with eight incense candles flickering around her. The quantity and her pose, with her arms outstretched, signified her affinity to the evil Spider Queen. These days she prayed equally to the cruel Lloth as to the hateful Innoruuk.

“Everything that has a beginning has an end.” She repeated those words Sirken had told her. It had been true as far as their relationship. She had held fast to her convictions like spider silk. Hatred had to be free as her expression of it. It was the very reason <Tempest> had shriveled while the <Aftermath> zerg continued to grow. The outright expression of hatred of others brought strength. Strength that gave rise to utter domination of the competition and the resultant pixels which casuals could only dream of.

But in this quiet moment, her visions turned to a certain drow. Keerarae. No, it was two Keeraraes who appeared as identical twins of one another in her meditation. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized the truth she never wanted to admit. A cruel truth that was about to hit her as she heard a knock at her door. Her eyes flickered open and she got up to answer it.

“You.” She said plainly to the lithe, long-haired male drow before her.

“But which of us? Can you tell?” He asked. A quixotic gleam was in his eyes.

“It doesn’t matter. You two betrayed me. Pretending to be one another for what end? To show that you could play me?” She answered. It took all her will to refrain from crying about the revelation. Her lip quivered.

“For the cause of Hate, Nexii. You lost your way. Wanting the security of being mated, alas. It’s not for our kind. No sooner is one given a permanent space do they take it for granted. It is no different than joining <Aftermath> for easy pixels.” The drow said.

“Ah yes, I’m aware. The GM-enforced ToV rotation is just the beginning of the end. I have seen it all. Changing the fateful Prophecy matters more than what my heart desires. But you all are so short sighted. You only see the problem before you and never the solution.” Nexii shot back.

“And did you see where Love ends? An overpopulated world full of Daybreak refugees. A world where the game is putting your hand out for charity rather than becoming good at something…like sex.” Auspex T`Devick retorted with a perverted grin.

“I would not call it charity. The casuals don’t want to binge raid every nine weeks. They want a dragon or two at most per week. Suffering will continue. Further, the GMs will also suffer more. It will be far more work to police a rotation than deal with the rare petition amongst neckbeards.” Nexii said dismissively.

“Fair. Tell me then. How do you feel, knowing all this?” Auspex dared ask.

“I hate you now. You, Keerarae, Sirken, Braknar. All flawed, imperfect, and unworthy of my glory. Chasing the trivial and irrelevant.” Nexii seethed. Her eyes glared a bright red as the hatred flowed deep into her soul.

“Perfect then. Just as I predicted. Hate on for Innoruuk, Miss Nexii.” Auspex flaunted his toned body before her.

“Fuck you and your chivalry! You had it good too, and now it’s all ruined. Having me to yourself wasn’t enough was it? You and your twin had to also have all the other high priestesses on rotation. Just as greedy as <Aftermath> soaking up 90% of the raid mobs.” Nexii spat on his face in disgust.

“You’ll see it differently someday. But not today.” Auspex wiped up her spit. With a sigh, he left before any physical harm would come to him. There was nothing more vicious than a female drow scorned.

The Next Day

Nexii was a disheveled mess. Not only had she lost those closest to her, she had lost her status within Neriak’s highest social echelons. A betrayed Mistress was scarcely better than a cucked GM. She had cried herself to sleep the previous night. And cried more the following morning. A visitor, Liizet E`Nyx, had come to see her this morning. Liizet was a new disciple of Innoruuk who Nexii had been training for the past month.

“Nexii. We should get in bed and suck on each other. Suck and lick.” Liizet demanded.

“I would like to, it’s just…” Nexii trailed off.

“Just what? Let’s do it in 69 position. You will feel better.”

“No, I need to go. Change is coming.”

“Where, then?” The younger cleric asked. Her silvery Thurgadin armor gleamed bright despite the room being pale lit.

“To the surface. I need to get away. To understand love as much as I do hate.” Nexii explained.

“I love you. That should be enough.” Liizet whispered into Nexii’s pointed ear.

“I know, but do you forever? No sooner do you love something than you realize how fleeting that feeling is.” Nexii queried.

Liizet kissed Nexii on the lips. The future did not matter to her. She had an older sister in the very present. One to cherish. And yet she was worried. Nexii seemed driven to find answers to a fault.

“I can go with you. Don’t cuck yourself.” Liizet offered.

“No. I’m going alone. And don’t send anyone for me. I will be judged there for what I am, and what I aspire to be.” Nexii said. She kissed Liizet back on the forehead and then dismissed her.

Lesser Faydark

Nexii pushed her way through the thick underbrush. She had never dared venture this deep into Faydark before. It was the only place to go to understand Love. The priestess was near the home of the high elves and wood elves, the two races who so diametrically opposed her own. They each believed in Love where her kind believed in Hate.

“Crazy mission for a crazy girl. They will surely kill me on sight.” Nexii felt the same dread that she had back in the Ninth Circle of GM Hell. “After all I have done. Killing Tunare, their Goddess. Worshipping pixels above other players. Hedonistically using others for pleasure rather than accepting them as the flawed things they are.” Nexii fretted on. “We would show no mercy for the weak. Our light kin would show no mercy for the corrupted.”

The cleric could see well enough with her natural ultravision, despite it being the middle of the night. The problem was that she was utterly lost. Every tree looked like the last. It was so different from the Underdark where each cave and tunnel had its own distinct features. Where a waterfall or geothermal vent could easily guide her way. But up here, it all seemed the same.

Vines, vines, vines! Endless vines which had to be untangled to walk a few mere steps. If only she could use a one-handed slashing or fire magic! Nexii cursed to herself. Perhaps this was to be her own ironic punishment. To be entangled in the forest forever, a fate not so different than those like her that glued themselves at the Temple of Veeshan entrance

“It is not equivalent.” Nexii stoically whispered to herself. “All I wanted to know is why my heart hurts so. Why it is so painful to feel both Love and Hate so strongly. To see both sides, the suffering of both GMs and players, and be unable to express the visions I have had of a world beyond this nihilistic one.” She knelt and put her Sprinkler and Shield of the Chosen away. Both hands went to her heart and she prayed with closed eyes. Prayed for the souls of all and not just her own fulfillment. It hearkened back to when she was a mere newbie, trying to claw and scratch her own way out of the Underdark and then Nektulos, in order to reach the East Commonlands trading hub. Ah, the how nostalgia filled her! How simple it was when she desired any magical weapon. When she had to group with anyone out of necessity and not only the elite for convenience. For this too went for her sexual escapades. In earlier days she had more enjoyed the experience of others. And lately she had only chased the most powerful such as Sirken or most sexually proficient such as Auspex. Climbing the spider web ladder was what was expected of any drow.

A warmth came upon Nexii and her embattled heart calmed. She was in the presence of someone with a powerful aura of light magic. Her eyes opened and before her was a sight of pure radiance. A sight which left her fascinated and in awe. It was a white unicorn similar in size to herself. The unicorn sparkled bright which illuminated a small clearing ahead of her.

“No, can it truly be? Oh…!” Nexii gasped. It was an elven feeling that overcame her. In that moment she did not feel as though she were drow. Nor did she feel like a high elf or wood elf that she sought to understand. She was simply an elf, from a time before the races had split. Simply Dal.

“Where have you been? Where have you been? Where have you been!” Nexii screamed. The forest swallowed up her anger as the unicorn calmly waited to answer.

“I’m here now.”

“And where were you fifty-five levels ago? Forty levels ago? Where were you when I was new? When I was one of those innocent chaste newbies that you always come to. How dare you come to me now! How dare you come to me when I am this!” Nexii quivered. And then the tears began to flow. Tears for all the things she regretted. All the misplaced efforts and emotions.

The unicorn put her muzzle under Nexii’s cheek tenderly. Nexii sighed. Her rage and sorrow could not faze the unicorn and thus the feelings melted away.

“It’s okay, I forgive you.” Nexii said. She got up once more. “Nektulos Forest is no place for a unicorn these days.”

“You may be right. My name is Amalthea, dark one. I am the protector of this forest sanctuary. What brings you so far from home?”

“Love.”

“Ah, I once knew love. So bittersweet it is. I had to give up on true love to be myself again. To me, love is sacrifice.” Amalthea replied. “I know one who might be able to help you explore the feeling of love itself. It is just one aspect of the light that you must learn.”

“It would be a unicorn that would help Nexii Vanadis.” The dark elf tried her best to not laugh but ended up giggling. If there was ever a unicorn of dark elves it would have been herself.

Nexii followed alongside Amalthea. The forest pathway through the Faydark was clear, but where it would lead Nexii next was less apparent.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

“I can go with you. Don’t cuck yourself.” Liizet offered.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Banned

*bites down hard on shirt collar, lays on back, spreads legs and grabs lotion*
Old 02-05-2019, 01:11 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

redemption arcs are bullshit. some people are just bad.
Old 02-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
redemption arcs are bullshit. some people are just bad.
Confused by that, redemption for who in the story?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:41 PM
Aviak

What the absolute hell is this wacko shit?
Old 02-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

did a "Ctrl+F", searched for my name, no results, did not read.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry you have to do this to deal with your grief
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did a "Ctrl+F", searched for my name, no results, did not read.
Cucked.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you have to do this to deal with your grief
Not EQ grief that's for sure. I expected to get perma'd a long while ago. RL is another beast