Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update:

I made dorf a rogue earlier this morning. Took him to 10 today and I absolutely love him. I bought Pugius and Thex and a few cheap Splitpaw items and completely wrecked every single blue and white con mob while leveling. Hide->Sneak is also very useful (when it works) and skills pretty fast.

When I'm not beating blue cons to death I also do crazy DPS in groups which is unusual and positively shocking to me. I've been conditioned to sloooowly and agonizingly watch health bars drain down as a root/rotting Shaman and fighting for my life to take a light blue con down but looks like killing stuff comes effortlessly to a rogue. Of course I imagine a healer and a raw DPS class to play offense very differently but I didn't know it would feel this good.

Looks like I found my new favorite alt. Can't wait till Kunark drops to epic him, I hear the rogue one is a piece of cake.
Have you made an evade macro? That'll effectively turn off attack, hide you (evade) and turn it on again? Better than doing it manually each time.

Congrats on playing the highest steady dps class in the game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Rogue epic is easy, and there shouldn't be bottlenecks if they restrict MQ'ing on epics.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

Necro and Rogue have been my favorite two classes to play in the p99 timeline.

If you don't mind having to LFG on the rogue and wait around at times, go for it. If you want to be able to solo too, monk. Even without fungi, monks can solo just fine with bandages and mend.