Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 02:41 AM
Sarnak

On the enchanter page on the wiki there are lists of suggested gear by era. A lot of the gear I camped while leveling to 50 was from the pre planar list, and although I leveled to 50 before Kunark, it looks like most of the Kunark list is from camps where you need to be 40+. I also wore a Silk Evening Tunic.
Old 01-31-2021, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Well those lists are fine and all but they often lack comprehensiveness. There were a lot of good enchanter items missing when I looked at the vanilla options, like jeweled skull and white gold necklace. Both realistically BIS for most players in that time period. Trust but verify.

As far as the OP's concerned, it's not required to get over 200. You gain very little after that per point of charisma and you are much better off investing your gear into AC/HP/resists than that remaining 55. Enchanters do get very good charisma buff, so it's really not as daunting as you think to get 200+ by the time you are 50+
Old 01-31-2021, 03:45 PM
Banned

As another new enchanter (first char on p99), I'm running into the problem of pp to even buy the cheapest of the cheap cha jewlery

Even at just like 50pp per piece of jewlery, that seems way outside what I am able to farm unless I completely stop leveling and devote time to just grinding mobs for coin (and we're talking days or weeks of just grinding plat, no leveling). Spells are already like 6pp/per, and I had to buy the lev 8, 12, and 16 animations from highkeep in advance because the run there is so long and annoying (waiting on the boat from FP). That cost me all of my saved 30pp, which I was proud to have saved by level 6

Now I'm back down to 10pp with a few spells including charm at level 12 needing to be bought. It seems unless you have a previous char with twink money there is no way you are going to be able to get some cha gear ready for when you get charm. I'll be lucky to be able to save enough for it by level 20...
Old 01-31-2021, 04:21 PM
Banned

In your high teens / early 20s consider grabbing a partner or trio and go to SolA.

Do Kobold Predator camp. Foreman is nearby.

SolA Fine Steel + large ore + named drops should get you some plat early on
Old 01-31-2021, 04:23 PM
Banned

In general leveling is a better strategy for wealth then focusing on plat accumulation at early levels.
Old 01-31-2021, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In general leveling is a better strategy for wealth then focusing on plat accumulation at early levels.
There are paths which allow both to be done fairly efficiently.

Minos, sisters, gargoyles, not sure of a good plat spot after that, spectres, giants sees you through most of the game, and is decent vendor plat throughout.

Can anyone recommend a spot between specs and gargs tho?
Old 01-31-2021, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As another new enchanter (first char on p99), I'm running into the problem of pp to even buy the cheapest of the cheap cha jewlery

Even at just like 50pp per piece of jewlery, that seems way outside what I am able to farm unless I completely stop leveling and devote time to just grinding mobs for coin (and we're talking days or weeks of just grinding plat, no leveling). Spells are already like 6pp/per, and I had to buy the lev 8, 12, and 16 animations from highkeep in advance because the run there is so long and annoying (waiting on the boat from FP). That cost me all of my saved 30pp, which I was proud to have saved by level 6

Now I'm back down to 10pp with a few spells including charm at level 12 needing to be bought. It seems unless you have a previous char with twink money there is no way you are going to be able to get some cha gear ready for when you get charm. I'll be lucky to be able to save enough for it by level 20...
That's about right for your first character in EQ (by the book) youll tend to make some plat, but then burnt it all every 4 levels. But by the time you're in your teens, I suggest heading to OOT to farm gargs, there is a real great NPC named DEEP that backstabs, she's higher level, but if you keep her below 20% when she breaks, she flee's so you dont have ot worry about her owning oyu. Keep sow/lev on you from the folks over at the AC and even get more buffs.

by the time you're 22-24 you can head over to the sisters to make some more money.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this

the time you spend dicking around trying to get a little more CHA here and there would be better spent focusing on getting levels

remember: your level vs mob level is the biggest factor in charm breaks - the higher level you are, the bigger the gap between you and light blue con xp mobs

its nice to get loot while XPing, but dont try to do something above your level and turn it into a wipefest or a massive struggle

just keep looting good vendor trash as you level and go hit up EC tunnel and exchange plat for a CHA item
Old 02-01-2021, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's about right for your first character in EQ (by the book) youll tend to make some plat, but then burnt it all every 4 levels. But by the time you're in your teens, I suggest heading to OOT to farm gargs, there is a real great NPC named DEEP that backstabs, she's higher level, but if you keep her below 20% when she breaks, she flee's so you dont have ot worry about her owning oyu. Keep sow/lev on you from the folks over at the AC and even get more buffs.

by the time you're 22-24 you can head over to the sisters to make some more money.
I appreciate the suggestions. I just hit 12 so was going to do some wisps in NK (or wherever I can find them, and just turning them in to some gypsy in NK). I also heard Lavastorm might be good coin. I can check OOT, but never was much into the idea of camping a single spawn for too long. I like to kind of move around the zone a bit, staying in one place waiting for a spawn gets kinda old for me. Same reason why I might not be trying for some “sisters” in lfay - they’re just in one spot and probably perma-camped anywho

After buying a few lev 12 spells I have a whopping 33pp left. Not too shabby, I might be able to buy a single +cha earring by lev 20 lol. I may go to feerrott and try to beg someone for a crude stein soon too
Old 02-02-2021, 01:17 AM
Sarnak

I would be tempted to get a spyglass as my first 50p of gear, for resetting global spell cooldown with the instant click. To be replaced by a Rod of insidious glamour at level 30.
Closed Thread