Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Banned

Yup, no matter how many servers you make. No matter the rule set, classic or not. There is always going to be that breed of human that goes overboard.. But it takes minimal imagination to wonder what their life is like.... Seriously, let that put a smile back on your face, and a surge of joy back into the game for you.

Login, enjoy your time, and the healthy people you meet. Log out, and continue on with your life [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2019, 04:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trust me when I say this server has come a LONG way from being truly toxic. Most of the ill minded people have burned out or been banned.

back in 2010-2014 was probably the most toxic period of this server. And the fact that they had to clean up the forums is proof of this.

Many of you will never know just how crazy things on p99 and p99 forums use to be. I was lucky to catch the tail end of the madness.
Check my join date I remember. People were assholes but they didnt have camp denial and handoffs down to a science. I can handle an asshole in group chat or ooc. I can't do anything about being locked out of my experience bar. Green 2 needs to happen I think
Old 10-30-2019, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This community has always been a minefield of psychological disorders. The prospect of a fresh server that can be "won" is just amplifying the unhinged nature of the playerbase more than usual.
Possibly the most accurate post I've ever seen on these forums.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Man, if all I did was read the forums, I'd think Green was a total cesspool. Luckily, having actually played it, this has not been my experience at all. With very few exceptions, the people I've met have been kind and helpful and willing to group with just about anyone.

Is it different on the non-Qeynos side of the world or am I just oblivious to this toxicity?

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 10-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, if all I did was read the forums, I'd think Green was a total cesspool. Luckily, having actually played it, this has not been my experience at all. With very few exceptions, the people I've met have been kind and helpful and willing to group with just about anyone.

Is it different on the non-Qeynos side of the world or am I just oblivious to this toxicity?
Under level 20 the server is quite pleasant. I have nothing but good things to say until I dinged 20. Classic isn't very big at all which leads to the top end being all but cut off from anyone who doesnt roll in with a premade 2 or 6 which they all do. I'm not risking my account to contest the mobs because GM decisions on what constitutes a camp changes like the weather
Old 10-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trust me when I say this server has come a LONG way from being truly toxic. Most of the ill minded people have burned out or been banned.

back in 2010-2014 was probably the most toxic period of this server. And the fact that they had to clean up the forums is proof of this.

Many of you will never know just how crazy things on p99 and p99 forums use to be. I was lucky to catch the tail end of the madness.
"Those who cannot learn from history, are doomed to repeat it"
Old 10-30-2019, 04:34 PM
Orc

I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with people. Granted, my characters are still low level, but it has been fun.

Plenty of nice folks out there.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarkus31 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with people. Granted, my characters are still low level, but it has been fun.

Plenty of nice folks out there.
Even the few confrontations I've had ingame settled up well in the end. Im sure there's some issues around, but I think sometimes the people finding them are the people who TRY to find them.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos1990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Every 6 man camp within my level range (Im a druid, i checked them all) is taken by a duo of 1 mage + 1 other class or swapped between infinite guild mates. Noone answers tells for the most mundane of questions leading to wonderful adventures ending in 5+ all anons after a 20 minute trip and movement patterns appearing to be a box.

Im at an unfortunate level range where root rotting or quadding isnt possible just yet.
This is why i always found red servers to be more classic in the community sense. There is no blank ignoring others on red because thats how you get attacked. I know it sounds like a paradox, but people were actually more considerate and polite on red.
Old 10-30-2019, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why i always found red servers to be more classic in the community sense. There is no blank ignoring others on red because thats how you get attacked. I know it sounds like a paradox, but people were actually more considerate and polite on red.
The forums certainly didn't show it. By far the most toxic group of people I've ever seen in a community lmao.
Closed Thread