Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 10:49 AM
Orc

Default How to tell what item a merchant sells?

If you sell an item to a merchant, that item ends up in their list, doesn't it? Or am I misremembering things? Is it possible to tell which items don't belong?

I'm trying to confirm Blergagg's merchant list for the wiki. I see he is carrying some Ruined Scaled Gloves, which doesn't seem to fit, but I have no idea if he actually sells that or if someone sold it to him or what.
Last edited by aaronp; 04-20-2015 at 10:57 AM..
Old 04-20-2015, 11:01 AM
Aviak

If they have a limited quantity in stock, thats the trick I think. Anything that is unlimited is what they carry default.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

kill them
Old 04-20-2015, 11:24 AM
Orc

Heh. If anyone gets the urge to kill all the merchants in Grobb, send me a pm.

EDIT: I suppose I could check both red and blue and note the differences.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

The limited quantity is a good way to tell. If they have a limited number chances are someone sold that to them. Killing works also but may require levels and dmg to factions.

Note that if you sell a merchant an item it may not show up bc they will only offer a certain number of items. If you start buying them out of things it will rotate in items that have been sold to them but were not yet available in their inventory.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Kobold

Check right after a server repop. All the items sold to the vendor will have disappeared.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

In classic it was displayed top down.

So it would show the default list of items for sale and then at the end of that list It would add items as they get sold to the merchant in the order they're sold.

Here you can view the quantity of items available for purchase, as well as sort by alpha, cost, and quantity from a merchant. Generally speaking, the items with unlimited quantity (--), are those of the merchant's default inventory. It does bug sometimes, I find particularly with the Key Master in sky and it will say there are 9 Box of the Void for sale for example.

Would be extremely classic and immersive to get back the classic vendor window. No sorting. No determining quantity. Just good old fashion, 2xAA sized window with default inventory at the top.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh. If anyone gets the urge to kill all the merchants in Grobb, send me a pm.

EDIT: I suppose I could check both red and blue and note the differences.
Usually there's a theme to what they're selling: backpacks/small containers/large containers/etc.

I could be wrong but I think if you kill a vendor on P99 it respawns with everything it sold beforehand? Not sure if classic or [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] though.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

I have no clue what the Formula is but some Venders only ever have like 8 items and some have 20 items. But if they have a lot of items and you screw up and sell them something you didn't want TO sell, you never see it in their inventory if they have a lot of items. So you can't buy it back if you wanted to.

And I am sure ALL of us have had that happen one point in time or more. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-21-2015, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

^ Yes. I once sold a Kunzar Ku'juch to such a vendor, mistaking it for a rusty weapon.
Closed Thread