Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 03:58 PM
Banned

heh, I swear if I hear one more squalling monk in comms crying for a DA idol you have no idea how many hobbits and gnome will suffer my wrath.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's the key isn't it.

8. DA idols are no drop, Cleric/Pal only and changed to very rare.

The guys who remember EQ raiding for that one specific zone involving groups crawling have had their fun for sometime. Now might be the time to consider returning it to the way other people remember classic TOV, which is zone pulling the dragons there.

You can search the forum, iirc plenty of screenshots have been provided proving it was done. It really doesn't matter though and no sarcasm when I say you can pull a lion to Karana bridge because you can.

Grats
youc an change that and mage still best, triple DA even without idol. more if you can stutter step another earring charge
Old 04-21-2020, 04:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
youc an change that and mage still best, triple DA even without idol. more if you can stutter step another earring charge
You're right.

I am simply at the end of my rope trying to pay attention to comms with some doofus monk "WHO HAS MY DA IDOL.. WHATS UP WHO HAS IT"

Fuck that noise.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:10 PM
Aviak

Let the dragons spawn unrooted in random zones at random times.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:34 PM
Aviak

Little long, but dragons were 100% being pulled to zone in/zone out during this era.

The main reason why I even defend pulling dragons to entrance/exit is from witnessing it myself on Bristlebane. I was a raid leader in Club fu from Classic-Velious era.

Toward the end of velious era, a little known euro guild named Arch Overseers started to attempt ToV targets after patch day (I think it was Tuesday morning when servers came up). They were strictly an EAST ToV guild, that everyone overlooked.

Club Fu was a PST timeframe guild. Ring of Valor was pretty much the same. We use to headbutt in ToV at Aary pit often. Shiften the Shapeshifter (our GM at the time) had to seperate us quite a bit. I know Eratani and a few OG's remember this well. AO wasn't even in the picture.

Well, one day AO started pulling Ikatar to zone in. I remember laughing watching Vabtoo/Vabeker die all afternoon pulling iky to zone in, and the subsequent guild wipes after.

Well, Ikatar eventually died. Then Vabtoo pulled Eashan to zone in... and he died too. Before we knew it, All of ToV would be cleared out before 2pm weekly.

We woke sleeper not long after AO started showing up in ST. We were farming ToV and Sleepers for many months and were burning out. Club Fu was a shell of its former self (sound familiar?)

The point of my story is, NToV targets were coming to entrance/exit during this era. In Club Fu we pulled west dragons to West exit as well. Just because it was 20 years ago, didn't mean we were all idiots. So thats Ikatar, Eashan, LTK, Telk, and Gozz that I know for a fact whether people believe me or not. We fought Aary around the corner before the pit/stairs and summoned to the safe hallway in North... which use to be kinda near doubles, but wasn't actually in doubles.

Before we crumbled we made a half ass effort to try to raid early and login before AO did on patch day, but failed. That's Everquest.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

So what you are saying is you want dragons rooted?
Old 04-21-2020, 04:41 PM
Aviak

I'm saying it's part of the dam game. If ya don't like it play WoW. Everquest wasn't meant to be this Carebear 2020 version. You either adapt or die.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Rooted dragons would be fine if not for all the strange raid rules like having to go back to entrance when one pops. Just creates a big time sink and doesn't help the small guilds any either.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Anyway, I said what I wanted to say. Not gonna water my message down. Rooted dragons isn't real Everquest. Never was. Never will be. Enjoy the era while it lasts.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

For the raiding newbs among us, do people want dragons unrooted so they can be cheesed and killed easier?
Closed Thread