Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

I found popular camps in guk like bedroom pretty fun back in the day. But one guy would easily wreck a grp of blue bluebies Exping.

Definitely learn to fight back so if you're grouping you can contribute. Also you'll probably want someone who can tash or malo if you want spells to land on twinks.

Most people already have geared twinks logged out in the most popular spots.

That said it only took me a few hrs to get jboots on a character and I got like 2 free boots. Plus some other offers.

Lots of adventures to be had, but if you're a social butterfly it'll be weird sorta interacting with all of the cliques. You'll have to pick sides at some point and you will always be KOS to some. There's no real coalition of "good guys".

Sometimes you'll have to just log out or switch zones, or log into an alt, if a crew rolls in to like, control and pl in unrest.

You could also just wind up PL'd super quickly.
Last edited by magnetaress; 11-17-2020 at 01:18 AM..
Old 11-17-2020, 02:49 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PRO:
  • Exp Bonus - increases with more group members. Great for making alts and trying different classes.
  • No lines & no waiting for 20 year old pixels - you will have any dungeon all to yourself.
  • Despite being an old server, the above Pro actually gives Red a fresh feel. Most mobs you are killing probably haven't been killed in weeks or months.
  • Global OOC - chat with the server or sell your wares from anywhere. No need to sit around a boring tunnel.
  • You will actually experience very little PVP until end game. This is because leveling groups actually want you to fill that exp bonus spot as well as there being so few players. This can be a PRO or CON depending on why you are here.
  • No need to play politics and squabble about mobs or lawyering over the server rules...if someone pisses you off... kill them, pure and simple like.

CON:
  • Very low population - not bad at all though if you plan on soloing / duoing.
  • Very little PVP until end game. This is a con if you are actually looking to kill people.
  • Very few people to actually sell your wares to.

You will be killed from time to time, but that should come as no surprise. This server has kiddie rules as far as penalty goes though. You will walk away with a little less coin (whatever you were carrying) and perhaps wounded pride.

As far as classes...I'm very partial to casters / priests. Anything with high amounts of utility. You'll want to be as self-reliant as possible on this server. Being able to port yourself is a huge bonus, so a druid is a good choice (also good in PVP). I would consider a pet class for the second choice to enhance your farming capabilities and dungeon crawling experience.
This is good info. I think loads of Blues will be starting on the NEW RED! Especially when they’re out of expansions.

I’d suggest Shaman/Mage, Druid/Necro, or Chanter/Cleric.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:38 AM
Kobold

Shaman / Enchanter
Old 11-17-2020, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

Basically, I think it all really boils down to how confrontational you are when it comes to EQ.

If you thrive in conflictual situations, Red may be for you. If you'd rather seek to get along with people, Blue/Green is probably best (they have their own demons but we're not talking about that).

If you don't want confrontation, you still can find Red attractive if you want to play soloquest in places that are crowded on PvE servers. PvP is easy to avoid if you don't want it once you acquire a little experience. Another reason to play on Red while disliking PvP is to join the dominant guild and raid high end content with little to no competition.

One important thing to know is that if you plan on playing Red for the PvP, you'd better be ready to put in hours and play it like it's your only job. You will have a lot of catching up to do as the server is old, immense amounts of twinks are equiped with godlike gear and being dropped in there with no PvP experience or gear will mean that you will get dirtnapped by just about anybody.

EQ PvP itself is an interesting beast, that isn't trying to pretend to be anywhere close to any kind of balance. It is what it is and it can be incredibly fun or incredibly frustrating, depending on your approach and objectives.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Way better druids then Hateraid, who just stayed at level 55 to avoid level 60s. Tamtam, Bokke and so on were all good druids
Never said Haterade was the best. You seem very mad about being shit on by him. If he were here, I'm sure he'd say:

Fat, mad and bald.

and maybe

dumb too
Old 11-17-2020, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

If you thrive in confrontation maybe you get that on red the other servers have players but you decide where to pour your life hour points on.
Old 11-17-2020, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never said Haterade was the best. You seem very mad about being shit on by him. If he were here, I'm sure he'd say:

Fat, mad and bald.

and maybe

dumb too
Very ironic post.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

Druid / enchanter combo . Thank me later
Old 11-17-2020, 10:59 AM
Aviak

Thanks everyone! And thank you for posting content Tassadar, it's nice hearing from folks who have played a lot.

I got the wife to consent to trying red, hopefully this is a fun adventure. I hope to see you all out there!

Marto - 60 Halfling Druid
Fratus - 40 Dwarven Paladin

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro
Mardo - 60 Dwarven Cleric

Old 11-17-2020, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fame [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven’t played in years so I don’t have any idea what it’s like currently but when I did play I was a wizard specifically to port and hunt people. So the pure pvpers might still be out there. But it’s probably not that bad right now, it never really was, you could easily duo somewhere off the beaten path and basically only PvP at your discretion.
Who is playing all your characters then? Swankdaddy's on right now! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread