Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It can be many more than this. I got the hammer on my Iksar SK via the turn in quest. I had done nothing to loose faction when I got to OT but found that my faction was so low (as an Iksar and possibly also because of my SKness) that I could not even turn in braids. I discovered however, that I could turn in braids in wolf form, so I spent many days hunting Berzerkers (which are good exp on top of the good exp for turn ins) and paying Druids for Greater Wolf Form. I think the total number of braids I turned in was somewhat in excess of 200.
Wait, so Iksar don't start out KOS to Venril Sathir? Was this here, or on live? I always thought that only evil (and some neutral) non-Iksar started out non-KOS, and that they all started at the same point on the faction scale.

You learn something new every day, I guess..
Old 08-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarathiel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because you need amiable faction for the hammer quest, wolf form as i understand it will only get you to indiff
But wouldn't that faction boost carry over after you make some turn ins, requiring less braids?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But wouldn't that faction boost carry over after you make some turn ins, requiring less braids?
No. Illusions create a default faction, not a modifier. What it sets you as is what it sets you as.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Illusions create a default faction, not a modifier. What it sets you as is what it sets you as.
May be different for non-enchanter illusions, but it is does set you at a default faction amount in the race category but kind of works like a modifier when doing faction calculations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you use an illusion, you are calculated as if you were that race. Nothing more, nothing less.

Here is an example of a faction table:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were a High Elf, and you cast Illusion: Gnome, you would use the Gnome portion of the table, instead of High Elf. That's really all there is to it. The total impact of faction is composite of the base, your class, your race, your deity, faction modifiers (alliance spells), and your individual faction level (the tally of all +/- hits you've received).
src: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31904
Last edited by formallydickman; 08-03-2012 at 10:10 AM..
Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
May be different for non-enchanter illusions, but it is does set you at a default faction amount in the race category but kind of works like a modifier when doing faction calculations.

src: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31904
For PC illusions yes, afaik wolf form and things to that effect are different. As they are usually indifferent to all. Though I may be wrong as I also recall once Luclin was released, wolf form made you KoS to Vah Shir (Cats...Dogs....get it?) so *shrug*

Either way the annoyance of farming the braids before hand, putting up wolf form, and doing the hand in, is much more complicated than "click, hand in, gate/zone". Not to mention not everyone has wolf form or can find a Druid. Puppet Strings are tradeable, usually kept as guild bank loot, and rechargeable.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either way the annoyance of farming the braids before hand, putting up wolf form, and doing the hand in, is much more complicated than "click, hand in, gate/zone". Not to mention not everyone has wolf form or can find a Druid. Puppet Strings are tradeable, usually kept as guild bank loot, and rechargeable.
Whole-heartedly agree.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, so Iksar don't start out KOS to Venril Sathir? Was this here, or on live? I always thought that only evil (and some neutral) non-Iksar started out non-KOS, and that they all started at the same point on the faction scale.

You learn something new every day, I guess..
This post was probably not the clearest post I've ever made, but nonetheless, if you will re-read with a little more care, I you will see that I was indeed KOS originally, but managed to get around that KOSness by use of Greater Wolf Form. That trick did not work for the actual Hammer quest itself, it only worked to give me a temporary faction boost so that I could do the braids quest and eventually have enough faction to do the hammer quest.