Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Default Alchemy recipes combinable in Bearskin Potion Bag

While not paying close attention yesterday, I made some shrink potions. After I made them, I realized that the container I was using was a Bearskin Potion Bag and not a Medicine Bag. I was then able to combine my 10 potions into a single 10-dose potion, using the same bag. I didn't check any recipe other than the ant's potion.

While it's convenient to be able to do all this with one container, it's not classic. The bearskin bag should only be able to combine 5 or 10 single-use potions into one with the appropriate number of charges.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Project Manager

Ok first of all. Are you sure? I never played a shaman.

Before moving forward, there will be a few things to address.

Currently, it combines general alchemy recipes because it is bag type - Medicine bag.

If I change this from bag type - medicine bag, the tradeskills for combining 5 and 10 dose potions will cease to work as they rely on tradeskill - Alchemy.

Could any class combine 5-10 dose potions in a Bearskin Potion Bag? If so, this can be fixed. If not, this will need more research and work.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Aviak

I did play a shaman on live. And I can't remember for certain, but I think that any class could use the bearskin bag to make a 5 or 10 dose potion. It's certainly a no-fail combine, regardless of your alchemy skill level.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok first of all. Are you sure? I never played a shaman.
I never played a Shaman before P99, so no, I'm not sure of how it was at this point on live. To the wayback machine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog
Before moving forward, there will be a few things to address.

Currently, it combines general alchemy recipes because it is bag type - Medicine bag.

If I change this from bag type - medicine bag, the tradeskills for combining 5 and 10 dose potions will cease to work as they rely on tradeskill - Alchemy.
From what I've gathered, the set of things you can combine inside a medicine bag are separate and distinct from what you can combine inside a bearskin potion bag.

https://web.archive.org/web/20030213...nge/shaman.asp
Quote:
Note you can only use the bearskin potion bag to combine potions, you still need your regular potion bag to make them.
Presumably this person means "medicine bag" where they say "regular potion bag".

Sorry, this next one's a PDF:

https://web.archive.org/web/20040409...to_Alchemy.PDF
Quote:
Well you need to understand what the two different bags are for. The medicine bag is where you combine your reagents into a potion. The bearskin bag will allow you to combine 5 or 10 individual potions (no other denomination will work) of the same variety into a single container 5 or 10-dose potion. A list of things to remember about the bearskin potion bag:

* You cannot combine reagents in the bearskin potion bag to create a potion. This can only be performed in the medicine bag.
* You can only combine potions that are the exact same type. You cannot combine two different potions of any sort. Not even similar potions but of different degree (such as a Lesser Accuracy potion and a Greater Accuracy potion).
* You can only combine in groups of 5 or 10.
* You cannot combine two 5-dose potions into a 10-dose potion.
* You cannot combine a partially used 5 or 10-dose potion with single potions to “recharge” it
* You can use the potion bag to store other items when you are not using it for alchemy. It is a 10-slot bag, which is better than your standard 8-slot backpack.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could any class combine 5-10 dose potions in a Bearskin Potion Bag? If so, this can be fixed. If not, this will need more research and work.
As for this one, I'll try to find some more evidence. So far, there's this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020225...html?item=3748
Quote:
All classes are able to combine your potions if you got any 1 charge ones of course. Remember that its not worthy to buy this bag to combine just potions, from a Shaman where they already are combined by her. In other words its useless to own this bags as a non-shaman character. If you got any give them to Alchemy interested Shamans.

No you cannot combine potions between 5 to 10 or less. The only potion stacks that can be made is 5 or 10.
Note there is an anecdote on that page that appears to refute this, but it's not a very clear counter-argument:
Quote:
Can anyone combine potions with this bag or just shammys?
[...]
yepper because shammys are the only ones that can make potions
Old 01-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

There was an undocumented item bagtype available.

-Normal Alchemy tradeskills will function as normal, except for in the Bearskin Potion Bag, which will only combine 5 or 10 dose potions
-Class must be shaman to use combine button on Bearskin Potion Bag.

That should do it.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Looks like Bearskin potion bag cannot combine 5 shots now? I made 5 Greater Negation pots, hit combine and it said "You cannot combine these items in this container type!" Left them there, made 5 more of the same pot, hit combine, got a 10 shot. Made 5 more, hit combine, same error. Something seems broken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Project Manager

I do not see 5 dose recipe for greater negation in the tradeskill database. Perhaps it is a missing recipe that needs a bug report. The bag itself is not the cause.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I do not see 5 dose recipe for greater negation in the tradeskill database. Perhaps it is a missing recipe that needs a bug report. The bag itself is not the cause.
Ah, cool, didn't have the plat to try another type of 5 shot, will try later and if it works put a bug in for Gr Neg, not exactly high priority. Thx!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Closed Thread