Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-26-2014, 03:12 AM
Large Bat

Default Game issues

Hello, I use WinEq2 so i can run the game much more smoothly and prevent multiple crashes. Ever since the last patch i have been crashing almost every time I log into the server and brought back to the login screen at least once and after trying multiple times it eventually lets me in. I also just encountered a new problem. I have crazy speed that I shouldn't have, I'm moving at the pace of a bard maxed out, maybe faster. I have never seen this and after talking with another GM was told to go here and post. I unloaded WinEq2 from my computer while loged in to see if it would fix the speed problem, it did fix the problem but now everyone's name is showing up as Nullnullnullnullnullnullnullnull on my screen. Did i break EverQuest? Whats going on here.

I have a windows 8.1 computer with a dual core processor and radon HD graphics card. I have a 64 bit operating system as well. Thank you for your time and help concerning this matter.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Aviak

I'm not familiar with WinEQ personally, but that issue is generally remedied by changing the processor affinity for EQ to a single CPU.

I had this issue back on live when I got my first dual core PC, it also worked in Planetside which resulted in a temporary ban.

Open your taskmanager, and find under processes your eqgame.exe process or I guess the one for WinEQ. Right click and choose Set Affinity. Uncheck all the cores but one and see if that helps. Might look a little different for Windows 8 also.

If you have trouble finding these parts let me know, I can try to be a little more specific if needed.

If you've already solved it, then just ignore me =)