Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Orc

Exclamation Weapon DMG / Delay ratio and DPS for leveling question

Which weapon or weapons combination would be best? And does higher damage weapon go in off hand or MH?

On a L23 Monk

Weapons I have:

Wu's Quivering 2h
Wu's trance 1h
Knuckle dusters
Jade Mace (Saving for it soon)

And for Dual wielding, should higher damage weapon go mainhand or offhand?

Thanks! it's a bit confusing for me

I'm also debating between 2hWu vs Knuckle / Wu 1h right now
Old 02-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I think the 2hnder is best till u can afford adamantite club/sos or dual sos.
you always want the faster weapon in main hand because damage bonus only applies to primary
Old 02-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

As I always saw it if you're dual wielding you put the biggest damage weapon in your main hand and your best ratio in the off hand.

So a 12-14 damage weapon the main hand is good.

A 9/18 (Jade Mace), or something like 12/24 (that kind of ratio) is the way to go for the offhand.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Bout time you started showing dogs some love Swish! That gif is awesome!

Sorry for hijack
Old 02-01-2017, 10:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimjobs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the 2hnder is best till u can afford adamantite club/sos or dual sos.
you always want the faster weapon in main hand because damage bonus only applies to primary
Ohh, so you would take Wu 2h even over Jade Mace / Wus
Old 02-02-2017, 12:55 AM
Sarnak

wu stick main hand and KD offhand will be your best combo with the weapons you currently have to use until level 30 . at level 30 to level 35 the quivering staff will out dps the duel wield combo you currently have . you need to look into getting a better 2 hander IFS is some what cheapish and solid but a bit slow so you want haste first . or a hard hitting 1 hand combo jade mace , ad club , stave of shielding . ( any of these + your knuckle duster is fine )
Old 02-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

What Rimjobs said is correct, the fastest weapon needs to be in your main hand because damage bonus only applies to your mainhand. What he didn't take into account is the double attack chance and the higher bonus to 2handers vs 1handers. Also noteworthy is that you have a damage cap (60 I think?) until level 30.

So, from 23-30 your best dps will be with the fastest weapon available in your mainhand and your best ratio you have leftover in your offhand. However, after the level 30 damage cap is lifted you will do more damage with Wu's Quivering because the 2hander bonus is significantly higher than 1h bonus, and your double attack proc will now apply to all of your attacks. I forget the exact skill level that double attack starts to proc from offhand, but I think it's in late 40s early 50s. So from level 30-50 or so you will do higher dps with a 2hander, even if you had adamantite club and stave of shielding because your offhand will never double attack. Also in my experience peacebringer will be higher dps than imbued fighter's staff. I know it has more weight and a worse graphic, but it has less delay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, fastest in main, best other ratio in off. It is known.
Also, many times 2h is a better option for commonly available weapons.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Kobold

You want the best ratio in primary hand at lower levels, use KD over Wu stick until main hand dmg bonus starts kicking in around the 40s or so. But as others have said, WQS will be best DPS unless you can afford 2 SoS. But it's not until high 40s where a fast main hand becomes more important than a good ratio main hand
Old 02-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Off hand is triggered by main hand swings, so you want more main hand swings. Use your fastest weapon in your main hand and your heavy dmg weapon in your offhand.

Always good to have a 2hb on hand for higher dmg, ds on mobs and mixing it up. I would recommend a Peacebringer. It's basically a Tstaff with no proc or sexy look.

Good luck!
Closed Thread