Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

Default Iksar Necro and Neriak Faction

I'm wondering if anyone might have experience with this and could tell me about it. This is probably the one combo I'd have a hard time testing without leveling an iksar necro up myself to a decently high level. Neriak is my favorite city in the game, and I try to count on being able to hang out there, so as weird as it sounds this is important to me.

Could anyone with an iksar necro or experience with one be able to tell me what their faction in Neriak is like with all the various groups, both with and without the skeleton illusion? This is probably the one thing that will determine whether I roll one or not. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2021, 09:37 PM
Fire Giant

I'm afraid I can't confirm outside of skelly form, but I can confirm that in skelly form I can get around without trouble le and have bought spells there.

Full disclosure! I don't like Neriak so I've only been a few times, and only after hitting 34, and I certainly haven't taken the time to explore my faction with different vendors, factions, etc

I was worried about lack of access to Freeport but came to relish being an Iksar - it adds a whole new dimension to the game IMHO. Also, the regen 56+ is really nice!
Old 03-19-2021, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Kill wood elf guards, that's my experience so far. :|
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-19-2021, 10:29 PM
Fire Giant

So I appreciate the answers everyone, as moot as it might be now because I just decided to roll a dark elf cleric instead. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm afraid I can't confirm outside of skelly form, but I can confirm that in skelly form I can get around without trouble le and have bought spells there.

Full disclosure! I don't like Neriak so I've only been a few times, and only after hitting 34, and I certainly haven't taken the time to explore my faction with different vendors, factions, etc

I was worried about lack of access to Freeport but came to relish being an Iksar - it adds a whole new dimension to the game IMHO. Also, the regen 56+ is really nice!
It's understandable. I suspected the skeleton form might work, it did for me when I played a human Innoruuk necromancer, but there's always that little bit of doubt it would work for a Cazic necromancer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kill wood elf guards, that's my experience so far. :|
Sadly that only works for one guild inside the Neriak Commons hehe.
Old 03-20-2021, 01:04 PM
Orc

Red wine quest = ez mode for guard rep throughout neriak. Did it for an iksar monk and iksar necro and almost no issues wandering most anywhere in Neriak (counter guilds are always issues but /shrug). Have done red wine w/ multiple toons good and bad to be able to walk around Neriak successfully.
Old 03-20-2021, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Both my Iksar necros did the red wine quest soon as I got gather shadows, just invis in to the turn in guy and hand in like 7 backpacks of red wine, it doesn't help with the major caster factions, but it's a good place to start, the guards, foreign quarter merchants, and the banker/merchant in commons will all love you, watch out for the one dark elf (wizard)? who patrols around near the fountain over the bank area, he will still be KoS!

Might be a good idea to make a dark elf and scope out the route to the library for the turn in first, and watch that wizard's patrol route.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 03-20-2021, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

I just remembered there is a pretty in depth guide on the wiki for factioning on an iksar
https://wiki.project1999.com/An_Iksa..._Murder#Neriak

According to this there is ~9ish factions worth noting in neriak, maybe more, just going by what's listed.

May be other useful info https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction#See_also
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

Skelly form will help tremendously. Max out Red Wine quest factions and the guards won't bother you.

Raising The Dead faction is not difficult, but it is time consuming.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:39 PM
Sarnak

Just butcher Warren's and be loved in paineel
Old 04-01-2021, 06:50 AM
Fire Giant

Bringing this thread back up as I just went on a little adventure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I had posted this question on the P99 Reddit as well as here, and I was having a hard time getting straight detailed answers for what I was looking for. So ultimately I buckled down and decided, however tough it would be, to get it done myself!

Meet Kreevoss, the aspiring ambasaddor to the Teir'Dal!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

First I had a level 5 monk alt buy the Invisibility vs Undead spell for this necromancer. I dropped it near the Tower of Death in Cabilis and proceeded to create him. My plan was to brave Warsliks Woods and head to the Overthere, and hope that this spell would be enough to get me onto the boat.

Things got bumpy from the very beginning though as it turns out a level 1 Iksar necromancer with maxxed out INT does not have enough mana to cast Invis to Undead! So grudgingly I ran over to the Field of Bone to pump out a level as quickly as possible. With level 2 in hand and enough mana to cast my spell, I made the perilous trek across the forest. Kreevoss followed the road to the giant fort, skirted the walls, narrowly avoided some nasty goblins, and with a little luck made it to the zoneline! Until...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Son of a sarnak! I was curious about that and looked it up. Apparently there's a little bit of a history with this server and some low level iksar griefing with something called MQ, and that failsafe was put into place to try to prevent it. Interesting, but inconvenient right now! Not really sure what else to do, I decided to just break down and ask a Dial a Porter for aid. Luckily a very kind druid named Kalora took on the job. She got me to Lavastorm with an invis, SoW and Levitate and with her help I was able to breach the walls of Neriak with ease. I also recieved a bind once inside, knowing I would not be returning.

My troll shaman proceeded to come out to pay Kalora for a job well done with a hundred platinum and my heartfelt thanks. The same shaman also brought a couple of Cloudy Potions for the brave iksar who then proceeded to scan the dark city of Innoruuk's children and its many factions. Also, a thank you to an ogre shaman named Hedsnak for getting me through the gate one more time after a death with an invis.

The results are as follows, as a newbie Iksar Necromancer using no skeleton illusion and having made no impact to faction previously.

Neriak Trolls (Karnan) - Dubious. This was the one I was mostly curious about.
Neriak Ogre (Jacker) - Indifferent. I think these guys are indifferent to everyone by default.
Dreadguard Outer - Scowls. Saw that coming, but easily fixable.
Dreadguard Inner is very likely the same, but both will get fixed at the same time.
The Dead (X'Ta Tempi) - Dubious. Promising! Will be a journey to fix, but it is doable.
Dark Bargainers - Indifferent. Good! Means I don't need to wait till 34 to fix it the majority of them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Indigo Brotherhood (Seloxia Punox) - Dubious. Easily fixable but good to know there will be less work.
The Spurned (Shanez X'Teria) - Threatening. Worrying, but my Human Innoruuk Necromancer faced the same issue and it was fixable once he earned Call of Bones. Here's hoping she will look at a Cazic skeleton close to the same way.
Priests of Innoruuk (Perrir Zexus) - Threatening. Same deal as above there.
Neriak Ghouls (a ghoul) - Scowls. Pity, but at least they won't be much of a problem as a higher level necromancer. Only if someone decided to train them for some reason to where I would be sitting AFK for an hour or so in the Third Gate.
I unfortunately did not test the Hall of the Ebon Mask (Tani N'Mar), but that faction is redeemable as well. Just gotta beat up some certain silly dwarves in BB.

Interestingly, this level 2 uninvised iksar was able to run around the Ogre/Troll section of the Neriak FQ with impunity, unharmed and able to sell. Something useful to know for when you need a temporary base in that part of the world before doing faction works.

In conclusion, after this thorough investigation, I feel confident in rolling an Iksar Necromancer and knowing I will largely be able to hang out all around in my favorite city in the game!

Thank you for reading. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread