Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

Continuing the path bravely trailblazed by gangam style and parasite, the Korean hit "Capitalism Bad" volume 3 is really opening our eyes. Keep the fresh hits coming, Korea..
Old 10-18-2021, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Pulling prisoners out of jail to play for the public's entertainment was a far better idea (Running Man)
Old 10-18-2021, 05:06 AM
Orc

It's basically Korean "SAW" except it is far more predictable.

I did find some of the games they played entertaining though. Worth a watch if you're bored.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pulling prisoners out of jail to play for the public's entertainment was a far better idea (Running Man)
That`s the movie not the book. the book use broke people with no money for entertaintment .

From the wiki:
In 2025, the world's economy is in shambles and America has become a totalitarian dystopia. 28-year-old Ben Richards, an impoverished resident of the fictional Co-Op City, is unable to find work, having been blacklisted from his trade. His gravely ill daughter Cathy needs medicine, and his wife Sheila has resorted to prostitution to bring in money for the family. In desperation, Richards turns to the Games Network, a government-operated television station that runs violent game shows. After rigorous physical and mental testing, Richards is selected to appear on The Running Man, the Network's most popular, lucrative, and dangerous program.

Still seems the long walk is bein made , wich is by far one of the most painfull horrible books in regard of the subgenre.And if im not wrong was the first novel and basics for the whole sub genre

from wiki:
In a dystopian America, a major source of entertainment is the Long Walk, in which one hundred teenage boys walk without rest. If they fall below a pace of four miles per hour, they receive three warnings and are subsequently shot by a group of soldiers on an accompanying half-track. The last boy left walking receives a large sum of money and a "Prize" of their choice.

the book is brutal for a 1979 book , with no compromises and a must read
Last edited by Arteker; 10-18-2021 at 05:52 AM..
Old 10-18-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

I watched it this weekend. The first game was awesome and I felt like the games went downhill from there. As the show went on I was less interested in the games and more interested in the behind the scenes storyline. I feel like once that happens the payoff is never as good as the mystery behind it. Kind of reminds me of Westworld in that way.

It was an interesting choice making the main protagonist kinda unlikeable, but the ending where the gambling addiction comes around is a good payoff for that choice.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Im getting through it..

Trexller, is the fiscal reason this makes sense:

organ harvesting? or is that a side hustle...?!

for me the only reason i watch the show is the mystery of why it's happening.

fun mystery! I cant figure it out yet!
Old 10-19-2021, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That`s the movie not the book. the book use broke people with no money for entertaintment .

From the wiki:
In 2025, the world's economy is in shambles and America has become a totalitarian dystopia. 28-year-old Ben Richards, an impoverished resident of the fictional Co-Op City, is unable to find work, having been blacklisted from his trade. His gravely ill daughter Cathy needs medicine, and his wife Sheila has resorted to prostitution to bring in money for the family. In desperation, Richards turns to the Games Network, a government-operated television station that runs violent game shows. After rigorous physical and mental testing, Richards is selected to appear on The Running Man, the Network's most popular, lucrative, and dangerous program.

Still seems the long walk is bein made , wich is by far one of the most painfull horrible books in regard of the subgenre.And if im not wrong was the first novel and basics for the whole sub genre

from wiki:
In a dystopian America, a major source of entertainment is the Long Walk, in which one hundred teenage boys walk without rest. If they fall below a pace of four miles per hour, they receive three warnings and are subsequently shot by a group of soldiers on an accompanying half-track. The last boy left walking receives a large sum of money and a "Prize" of their choice.

the book is brutal for a 1979 book , with no compromises and a must read
I'm going to read the book, didn't know there was a difference. Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread