Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Smile So I thought this would be simple!

I figured, I would take some of the plat that was loaned to me by higher level players, head over to East Commons, and look for some gear to make soloing as a monk a bit easier, I had enough plat for (maybe) two rings, if I was lucky, but when I got here, I forgot how hectic all of this can be!

First I ran to the Overthere from cab (I'm an iksar!) figuring I would just hop on a boat and ride to Oasis of Marr, however I forgot that the port in OT is KoS to Iksar.. So then I was informed that a port would be the way to go.

Since ports are usually something you pay for, I reached for some plat, to find out that I had left all of my coin in the bank in cab.... So I ran all the way back, picked up my coin, returned to OT, where a nice shaman named Xigot helped me along to get to the druid who was porting, with an invis and SoW, I don't know how I would have made it there on my own!

So -finally- after a few hours of planning and mistakes, I'm here finally, sitting in the entrance of EC tunnel, frantically clicking all of the gear links that is in my price range (a few hundred pp). And being utterly confused as to what to pick up. So I guess I'll end my post with a question, What would you guys buy if you had no gear, and about 400 plat to spend? I'm an Iksar monk, level 17, I've got one wu stick, and another staff that is currently on lend from a guildmate, a foreman's tunic, and the rest is cured silk that I made myself! Anyway I hope I can figure all this out!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
Orc

Well personally, I would pick up 2 5ac/55hp rings. They run for 250pp each or If you cant do that pick up 4ac/45hp rings. Cured Silk and a Wu's stick will hold you for a bit but I would definitely pick up some HP rings if you can snag some.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Orc

Oh and make sure you get a bind in WFP before heading out to hunt if you already haven't. Would be a long ass corpse run.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

Just picked up two plat fire wedding bands! perhaps if i sell some of these bone chips i'll grab something else, but i've pretty much spent all i had lol, thanks for the suggestion!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 07-18-2012, 04:50 AM
Skeleton

yep i was going to suggest the hp rings.

im pretty sure mend is % based (30% i want to say?) which makes it awesome

also you should be practicing bind wound when your soloing since i think monks can (maybe only at higher levels?) bind wound up to 70%
Old 07-18-2012, 09:33 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Work that bind wound up! Skill: 201 = BW to 70% iirc

Kolored on Red.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

201 skill for bindwound starts at lvl 51.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just picked up two plat fire wedding bands! perhaps if i sell some of these bone chips i'll grab something else, but i've pretty much spent all i had lol, thanks for the suggestion!
You just did the best possible thing in your situation. Now pretty much all there is to do is level. You can grab a Fungi Robe (500pp) later to make yourself look amazing.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Hey there scaled cousin!

Catching the boat in OT for Iksars:

1. Run around the outside of the outpost near the water
2. Wait for the boat at the end of the pier, watch for undead herald near the end
3. When the boat comes swim to the front right corner, you'll see a barrel attached that is slanted down into the water, climb up it

You can't jump onto a boat from the water, but this barrel will let you walk onto bloated belly.

Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Yep, HP/AC rings then buy a Wu's Quivering Staff.
Closed Thread