Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

Awesome, I've decided on a halfling I think after a lot of consideration, the clicky necklace dosn't interest me, and I don't really like the look of dark elves! Plus for me, who has no higher level chars, the exp bonus would make this just a bit quicker, but by far the most important thing was Hide and Sneak, I think these will come in very handy.

So I started my female Halfling named "Quest", I don't know anything about clerics, some advice on cheap gear would be awesome if anyone has any suggestions! I want to get to grouping and healing as soon as possible! ^^

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 07-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

The other benefit is that cleric epic is 1) better and 2) easier to get than the druid epic.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other benefit is that cleric epic is 1) better and 2) easier to get than the druid epic.
Lol oh yeah? that's awesome, though I think i'm a long way away from getting my epic, I just killed my first bat!

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagglepuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dwarven clerics have the best personalities.
Dwarfs also get to jump and roll. The only race that can do that! And when you get good you can do it in reverse.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Banned

Sneak allows you to do faction quests or sell items to unfriendly merchants... which is really not that big of a deal when you're not an evil race anyway. It is certainly the least useful ability between Sneak, Hide, and 10% exp bonus. Hide I use constantly; it's the best racial in the game after frontal stun immunity.

However, I would still take Sneak over clicky Darkness, though I think that is a superb ability as well. Yet in the end I would rather be a Dark Elf than a Halfling, simply because of height considerations and playing in first person view. Dark Elves tend to look better in plate armor too.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol oh yeah? that's awesome, though I think i'm a long way away from getting my epic, I just killed my first bat!
You would be surprised how close you are
52 Monk Happytime
Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Humans and Erudites are both adequate but unremarkable; there isn't really any particular reason to pick these races unless you happen to want to.
Human Cleric of Innoruuk can quest both the clicky snare and Erudite cleric items.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

Bravo on picking Cleric. My secondary character in EQ was a cleric and I think I played a cleric on P99 in 2010. They are a blast unless the group is slow. As a friend* said in 2000, Clerics get respect and druids....can't remember what he said but it wasn't flattering.

* this friend founded and led the premier raiding guild (War Without End) on, I think, FV at launch.

I'm not too fond of the Druid class; it's too easy; but I am fond of many individual druid players met over the years. Druids who group throughout the entire level range are A-ok in my book.
Last edited by Arclanz; 07-25-2012 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 07-25-2012, 11:35 AM
Banned

Halfling Cleric might be able to do some nice pulls with Pacify + Sneak, as well, hmm...
Old 07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Halfling, no questions about it. My reasoning: Great starting area close to EC, easy/small starting city, Nillipuss, and being generally awesome.
Hide and sneak are the main reasons though, I can pull just about anything solo from anywhere (Like shroom king, HS crap, etc). I can often CR in Chardok with sneak, depending on which way the dogs are facing.