Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Sarnak

Smile Taiku the Monk, progress on p1999!

So yeah, this is amazing, I really thought I would play for a week or two, then my urge to play would die down and I would go back to playing league and watching streams during my off time, but I've really become hooked on EQ again! I'm currently a level 23 monk, nearly 24, I've been leveling a cleric when I feel like relaxing (healing is pretty chill) but otherwise putting most of my time into my monk.

Spent all day farming oasis and the ogre camp in tim deep just for a change of pace, but soon my team had logged in, Rehakkin an Iksar shaman who I started p1999 with (RL friend!), Burser a Halfling druid, and Thefty a badass twinked out rogue and we went about crushing everything we could get a hold of. We wound up in Unrest and spent the next 3 hours or so farming the first and second, and some of the 3rd floor, and I got my first taste of split pulling as a monk.

I think I lucked out with split pulling, because either I found a really good way to do it on my first try, or I have been doing it wrong and making it way harder on myself, but yeah, I use to be terrified of pulling, I spent all of my years of playing on live (before LDON expanion when I quit) refusing to pull, which was okay since I was a druid, so I was nervous jumping right into it. I managed to do it a few times before but those were in wide open areas, this was tight hallways with mobs that root, and mobs that conned red to me, full rooms of them! Eventually I got the hang of it, and the praise from the group was enough to keep me going and make me want to get better and better at it, eventually running out of throwing daggers made me resort to body pulling. That was a bit of a stretch for me, split pulling a 4 pack of red cons that root with my face was rough, but I managed it!

So I'm pretty excited to level up more and raise my skills doing those tricky pulls, eventually I need to figure out a way to make some steady plat as a monk to afford some things like FBSS and some weight reduction bags to carry more throwing daggers, because it SUCKS RUNNING OUT OF THEM, that or find a Mage to make me a bunch before I go grouping.

So yeah I've been pretty lucky in the game with meeting a lot of cool people, building up a group of friends to level with and such, I love this game, thank you guys for keeping the community going!

I'll end with a question, I've got about 1000pp or so, mostly from helping out some higher levels and selling bone chips/silk, and donations from friendly members of the community, I need to get my hands on some haste, and some good weight reduction bags, and some earrings because those slots are still empty, is there any good way to make some money at a lower level? or anything I could be farming in the next few days? (lvl 25 range) having to keep my weight down, so farming heavy weapons/armor a really far way away from a vendor that an Iksar can use is an issue.

I plan on trying to farm Halfling guards in misty thicket if I can, and bank in Runnyeye after working on my rep, but that's a bit away, I think I need 35 or so to be able to do that! I've also got a bank alt in EC, Saphira, just to hold my plat so I didn't have to run back to the bank every time I wanted to buy something, since I have to run all the way to Neriak for it lol.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

leveling up is the quickest way to make money
Old 08-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Good times!

Burser Puddlejumper - Level 21 Halfling Druid
Old 08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Send a message via AIM to Draco519

You at your level could go to the nybright camp in Lfay and smack green cons. They drop bronze weapons that sell for 8+pp every time. These bronze weps are heavy but the camp is ridiculously easy. just keep an eye out for that unicorn!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Sarnak

A UNICORN?!?! so majestic. Maybe though, I'm Iksar however, where would I sell? lol

Old 08-01-2012, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

Did somebody say unicorn???

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Plush Bufnstuf
Old 08-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

I DID! I SAID IT! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 08-01-2012, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

You should be able to sell at the Steamfont druid ring.

They're not 8pp per weapon though, sadly, more like 2pp each.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Old 08-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Kobold

The little daggers are 2gp, the spears and rapiers are 4pp, and all the other weapons are 1-2pp. Unfortunately, they are sometimes unarmed, as well.

As for selling, do you not have sneak yet? The ranger camp is pretty tightly packed, but you might be able to sneak-sell there.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

oh right i forgot about sneak, im not really familiar with the area so i dunno where the vendors are at, i'm much more comfortable on the other continents! does anyone know what level i can kill misty thicket guards? o;

Closed Thread