Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 03:41 AM
Sarnak

Default A Young Ronin

Been camping this guy in South Ro for hours, 5 hours of clearing the derv camps over and over, I haven't seen one of these Young Ronin spawn for my monk shackle quest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] does it just spawn somewhere else? Should I keep at it? Really confused, this is by far the longest part of the shackle quest so far. >.<

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-04-2012, 09:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Heh - try going to the southernmost derv camp (southwest corner of zone) in Oasis of Marr - I have killed him there twice now for my monk shackle. First time he was graciously present when I arrived. Second time, I cleared the camp once and he popped. I found the fingered skele camp to be far worse ...
And if you think this shackle is a pain, wait 'til you get to the shackle of bronze and have to forage the rare no-trade items, like Rile's Sand Coin :-( . I suggest that you ask a druid or ranger to forage the items that can be traded for that one!
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anathuril [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heh - try going to the southernmost derv camp (southwest corner of zone) in Oasis of Marr - I have killed him there twice now for my monk shackle. First time he was graciously present when I arrived. Second time, I cleared the camp once and he popped. I found the fingered skele camp to be far worse ...
And if you think this shackle is a pain, wait 'til you get to the shackle of bronze and have to forage the rare no-trade items, like Rile's Sand Coin :-( . I suggest that you ask a druid or ranger to forage the items that can be traded for that one!
Alright I'll move camps to oasis then! Once the servers are up at least, and I got my fingers from the skellies in short order, all 4 dropped after 5 pops, about 2-3 hours of camping down there while watching TV, made quite a bit of plat off the FS weapons as well. ^^ And the forage ones don't bother me at all, it's the ones where I have to camp something that is rare that pains me, I don't mind sitting in a zone foraging for hours while I do other stuff, but killing these dervs actually takes some attention.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

Rile's Sand Coin isn't no drop. All the foraged items for Shackle of Bronze are trade-able........
Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Weird - I guess I am just one unlucky dude. Took me days to get all the fingers - the fingered skele spot usually spawned a placeholder for me; and when the fingered did appear, it would typically drop fingers that I already had. Glad to hear you had better luck! I will admit to no small amount of plat from the goodies that dropped during the camps, esp. since the jester appeared with the IBS :-). Good luck on the quests!!

BTW - be advised that the turn in for the bronze shackle does NOT yet lead in to the next rung quest (for the shackle of steel, I think). The master does not mention the student that is referenced in the wiki page. I just completed that bronze shackle quest a few days ago, so I am sure that this is accurate info for you (at least so far on the blue server).
Old 08-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Yeah this is what I have experienced, in regard to the Shackle of Steel. That and shit tier luck with the penkeeper NEVER EVER dropping the copper key
Old 08-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wonton - missed your message while I was typing the last.
I failed to note specifically whether the one I foraged was nodrop - I am pretty sure it was. If you are sure about your info, you should go fix the graphic on monkly business that indicates it is nodrop, and fix the P1999 wiki that also says it is nodrop in the foraging info. I think it might be the only nodrop item for the quest, but I am pretty sure it IS nodrop.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The database has the nodrop flag set to "1" for "Rile's Sand Coin". Presumably, P1999 is using a similar database to peqdb_rev1751.sql - I am sure there are differences, but highly doubt they would have changed something like that.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:20 PM
Banned

The second-southernmost dervish camp in Oasis is where I got my Ronin to spawn several months ago, I think.
Last edited by Slave; 08-04-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 08-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

I got it! I cleared the derv camps in Oasis for an hour or two listening to youtube videos and finally got it, turned it in, now i've got both my right and left hands for my shackle, now the last part is the Sarnak in Lake of ill omen? I thought I was collecting two hands of some legendary Iksar Monk, but it seems I'm collecting three? seems odd.. but in any case I'm running around lake of ill omen looking for the Sarnak Courier. Thank you for the advice about the derv camps, also, my friend foraged a Rile's Sand Coin a few days ago, and now it's in my bank, so it's tradeable, I don't know about the rest though.

Closed Thread