Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stop trying to make EQ PvP happen. It's not going to happen.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:22 AM
Fire Giant

see? my meme is accurate
Old 10-30-2019, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see? my meme is accurate
It absolutely is. The reason that you put it up is where your confusion lies.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quoting for best thing ever posted.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This!

The staff is in no way constrained by their past rulings ... but they're also huge on keeping us players in the dark about how the rules actually work. Essentially I think they'd rather we all live in fear, not knowing exactly what will get us in trouble and thus (in theory) making us all act on our best behavior ... than start spelling things out and then getting "rules lawyered" when they try to enforce good behavior.

Even just making that camp rules page was a bit of a nightmare, as I had to go digging through every quote a GM had ever said in the forums, just to find the few ones where they sort-of-kind-of made an explicit ruling (not even on purpose, but just in the process of talking about the rules in a post).

So when the Play Nice Policies aren't clear about something, there's not much else we can do except check and see if any relevant rulings exist on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: In defense of the staff, they've actually greatly improved things in this regard over time. If you check Google Cache or the Wayback Machine and compare old versions of the Play Nice Policies, you'll see the new ones are MUCH clearer and more explicit (eg. much of the current "camp rules" in that document were added not too long ago by GM Llandris). So while they still have a general "keep the players ignorant" policy, they have heard how frustrating that is for us, and have improved the explicit rules as a result.

As for:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amendale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So here is one from Qeynos Hills: mage is camping putrid skeleton spawn point, parks the pet, and leaves vicinity (assuming to sell loot). Does his pet hold the camp?
The pet has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Have a pet, don't have a pet, leave it somewhere or don't, it won't in any way affect the Camp Rules.

What does affect them boils down to: did the Mage kill the mob the last time it spawned? If so it's his as long as he engages the next spawn in a reasonable amount of time, and doesn't die or leave the zone ... but if he doesn't engage it in a reasonable amount of time (and you want to be very careful about "reasonable", because if you guess wrong compared to the GM's definition, you'll be the one getting suspended), or if there is no one around in the first place (and again you want to make sure of this if you have any doubt), the mob goes to whoever engages it first.

And one important detail: when I say "it's his", I mean that AND any other spawns the guy killed previously: he can hold as many camps as he wants! ... right up until someone else shows up and says "hey I want one of those camps", at which point he has to pick one, let the other guy pick one, and then they FTE the rest.

But crucially, even if he's doing multiple spawns, you can't just show up and take one, because what if he wanted to keep the one you were going to take? You are ALWAYS better off if you just take a moment to talk to your fellow player first.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-30-2019 at 11:47 AM..
Old 10-30-2019, 01:13 PM
Large Bat

The following is hypothetical to our Qeynos Hills example (I did not remain to watch). Skelly spawns, aggros pet, pet kills skellly. Clearly, pet is FTE, and has done so in a reasonable amount of time. But does this count as a "you" for purposes of the camp rules linked above? Assume the player is not afk but indeed running in game errands.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
For now, sure. But 15 months down the line and deleveled epic, fungi, buffed monks are slaughtering zones, corpse camping new players, teabagging, etc, green will become as dead as red. Because ya'll don't want pvp, you want to bully people off your server.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Deleveling doesn't have to be allowed, and epics can have level requirements. And thurg armor. very easy to mitigate.

If it was item loot you could loot that fungi and its a lot of fun trying.

If it was sullon rules there would be no deleveled guys, so problem solved too.

The photo is correct. Galatians 4:16.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-30-2019, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

Clicking last page on a thread like this is like sorting by controversial.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amendale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The following is hypothetical to our Qeynos Hills example (I did not remain to watch). Skelly spawns, aggros pet, pet kills skellly. Clearly, pet is FTE, and has done so in a reasonable amount of time. But does this count as a "you" for purposes of the camp rules linked above? Assume the player is not afk but indeed running in game errands.
I'm not a staff member and can't speak for them, but at that point I think that player is likely in violation of a different part of the Play Nice Policy:

Quote:
3. You may not kill NPC's while you are not at your PC.

It is against the rules to "afk camp" any NPC or groups of NPC's by placing a pet nearby and letting it kill while you are away from your computer. Any other form of "afk camping", such as faction killing, is also against the rules, and you may be subject to disciplinary action.

In addition to this rule, and further explained in section 5, you may not Forage items using any automated program (hardware or software).
And to the rules lawyers: yes it says "at your PC", and technically someone who parks their pet somewhere while they run errands is "at their PC" ... but it also says "Any other form ... is also against the rules."

Even if it didn't, the GMs are the ultimate authorities regardless, so what really matters is "would they be ok with it?"

Practically speaking, it'd be nearly impossible for someone to even catch them doing it if they don't go far to run their errands ... but if they go far enough to get caught, I'd think that'd be far enough away that a staff member would consider it "AFK camping".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-30-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Closed Thread