Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 04:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. So then you essentially have two computers and two monitors? One which is hooked up with the wifi stick to one of the monitors, and then the other which is your work hard drive and hooked up to the second monitor?

Or are you saying you play and work on the same machine and your employer just doesn't notice that you're using a machine they have no ability to monitor?
2 PC's

1 is not part of any network with wifi stick.

I only play on lunch break. I dont take the piss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2020, 07:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jealous of all you Mfers who can EQ at work. Winning IRL for sure
I feel like this setting the bar too low.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

I dont see the taboo honestly. Playing a game on MY pc (which to be clear it is) on MY time (e.g. a break) with MY internet connection (when i use my tethered phone) is little different to someone playing a switch at their desk on their lunch.

It's not big deal.
Old 02-14-2020, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f_fQ38ayxs
Old 02-14-2020, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont see the taboo honestly. Playing a game on MY pc (which to be clear it is) on MY time (e.g. a break) with MY internet connection (when i use my tethered phone) is little different to someone playing a switch at their desk on their lunch.

It's not big deal.
Sure, but I get the impression from some that they aren't merely playing for 10-20 mins during a lunch break but instead playing for long periods of time because their job is not very demanding for stretches of time or because they simply find themselves within a structure where there is little to no focus on the results they create and they are able tab out whenever someone might find out.

If you are doing work that requires your concentration and you get your concentration broken, by swapping over to EverQuest and responding to a tell or having to kill that Pained Soul PH it takes time to get back to the state of concentration you were in...

Meh, with everything said and done, I think most people doing office work will procrastinate during their day. Is it worse to be spending that time in Norrath or browsing the internet looking for a new t-shirt or buying movie tickets? In the abstract I would say no but in reality I think you are much more likely to get caught up in a game like EQ and suddenly what you thought would take you 5 minutes ends up taking 25 minutes...
Old 02-14-2020, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

My boss caught me playing EQ and wanted me to farm him a fungi, instead I got him fired, took his job and his wife.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Does federal assistance count as work
Old 02-14-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Playing "at work" in 2020 probably means they work from home. I wouldn't picture an individual in their cubicle playing P99.. but rather they're in their home office on their personal computer with their work laptop next to them.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing "at work" in 2020 probably means they work from home. I wouldn't picture an individual in their cubicle playing P99.. but rather they're in their home office on their personal computer with their work laptop next to them.
hell no, prolly about at least 5% of the population plays on the company dime.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

I work from home, and while it has absolutely been great at times ... right now I'm doing a ton more work now than I ever did when I was in an office (and getting paid a small fraction: teaching /sigh).

In fact ATM I actually play EQ a lot less because I work from home.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread