Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Google™, the only choice for armchair experts everywhere.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just say Pascal's wager this is taking forever
Yeah but you know that for every person that writes something here 20 others are reading it. And if you don't actually spell out what pascal's wager is then you can't just say "Pascal's wager" and expect the 20 silent people to understand what you mean or be bothered to go look it up.

Everyone needs to be on the same page. With my long words I'm scooping up the dumb dumbs onto our trolley and we can keep moving forward.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Humans have generally benefited when the earth was warmer, and suffered when it was colder. Compare the medieval warm period to the little ice age. So even if it is warming, good.
Seriously though, what could possibly go wrong with this sort of logic?
Old 02-11-2020, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but you know that for every person that writes something here 20 others are reading it. And if you don't actually spell out what pascal's wager is then you can't just say "Pascal's wager" and expect the 20 silent people to understand what you mean or be bothered to go look it up.

Everyone needs to be on the same page. With my long words I'm scooping up the dumb dumbs onto our trolley and we can keep moving forward.
Long words get ignored by dumbs. Poor logix
Old 02-11-2020, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok good point sry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2020, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

But what if we gambled on whether or not god was real?
Old 02-11-2020, 08:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok good point sry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s cool.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why I use duckduckgo, whose search returns for 'global warming debunked' actually have articles that debunk global warming.
Perhaps instead of trying to "search engine yourself right," you instead just search the actual topic. Then objectively read a variety of articles to fully educate yourself on the topic. I've read plenty of "debunk climate change" articles trying to understand the other side, and I haven't found them persuasive. I consider the source, amount of scientists in agreement on that viewpoint, and whether the funding of said source is politically/financially motivated. If I only looked up "global warming debunked," I'd know nothing else beyond what I was spoonfed from those specific brand of sources.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
First, the reason searching "debunked" comes up with "not debunked" is because you are likely using google which has been proven to skew its results to conform with shitlib ideology. Google "white inventors", click on the images tab and look at how its all non-white inventors. This is why I use duckduckgo, whose search returns for 'global warming debunked' actually have articles that debunk global warming.

Second, it's not really about warming, it's about anthropogenic global warming. The climate may or may not be warming; it may or may not be caused by humans.

Humans have generally benefited when the earth was warmer, and suffered when it was colder. Compare the medieval warm period to the little ice age. So even if it is warming, good.

Even liberal scientists who are bought into AGW say that it would take massively drastic measures to decrease the level of warming by a few degrees. So why bother gutting the entire world's economy to slightly decrease something that would actually benefit most of humanity? Of course the reason is the real point of AGW, an excuse for a global government with massive control over the world's economy.

This is why there have been so many frauds committed to try to "prove" AGW, starting with the idiotic "97% of scientists agree!" which I've already debunked in another thread. The fact that this easily disproven claim is still touted by those in government and the media shows there is a greater agenda at work than simply "like, save the planet, man!"

It's also why there are so many calls for war against the nations that aren't already part of the globohomo conglomerate of nations, but that's a different story.

Your brain is flawed; did your mother drink a lot when she was pregnant with you? I've noticed that many of the symptoms of FAS are similar to the symptoms of liberalism. AGW is completely different from energy independence or cleaning up the environment in ways that actually matter. To equate smokestack scrubbers or eliminating lead from gasoline (probably 1 of the big reasons why boomers are so stupid) with fighting against cow farts to stop the planet from becoming MORE habitable is a sign of some deeper disorder than simply lacking facts.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20352901
As a senior individual in a private equity firm, and with a lot of experience in the energy space (and therefore having a lot of knowledge about how regulation relating to global warming affects both the energy industry as well as the markets and economies from state/local to national to international (spoiler alert: it's really not very negative at all)), it always makes me smile when some anti-global warming person tries to explain effects on economies and/or markets to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2020, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

if someone is stupid enough to write some longwinded bull shit on an elf forum they are a cuck and deserve to be ignored by dumbs and smarts alike. the only exception would be if it were a truly riveting piece of literature to behold. otherwise ur just dumb
Closed Thread