Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-11-2019, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro tip: Once you have a known good install, make a copy of it. Any problems, back up your screenshots and log files and delete everything and copy it over, then apply latest p99 patch and done.
^^Cannot be stressed enough!
Old 10-18-2019, 05:53 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you add the loading music and combat music to your EQ folder like the set up guide states?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ftfy

that shouldnt make a difference if he's not hearing bags opening
Apparently I didn't delete them, but that did bring back the loading screen and combat music. Still no other sound effects though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reinstalled and I’m good. OPi recommend reinstalling. I found a video on YouTube that makes installing roughly 10-15 min

https://youtu.be/mj_MMVgJ_Dk
I tried a reinstall already and had no luck.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:38 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reinstalled and I’m good. OPi recommend reinstalling. I found a video on YouTube that makes installing roughly 10-15 min

https://youtu.be/mj_MMVgJ_Dk
Just to give it a shot, I tried a reinstall using the file in the youtube description. Still the exact same issue, I get music but no sound effects.
Old 10-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Large Bat

I am in a similar position. At some point in the last week all my sounds have stopped working. I read this thread and completely re-installed the game but that hasn't made any difference. My computer's setup is fine and all other apps, music and Day Break EQ produce all the sounds I would expect. Did something happen with the v52 patch? Anyone got any ideas?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am in a similar position. At some point in the last week all my sounds have stopped working. I read this thread and completely re-installed the game but that hasn't made any difference. My computer's setup is fine and all other apps, music and Day Break EQ produce all the sounds I would expect. Did something happen with the v52 patch? Anyone got any ideas?
What were you using for the in game sound and midis?
Old 10-29-2019, 11:40 AM
Large Bat

Hello Deathrydar. I had gone right back to basics as was simply using the default install and my MSI laptop's inbuilt speakers. I am yappy to report I have found the issue though. It was in the Windows volume mixer. Where previously Everquest was shown it had been replaced with "No name" and was muted. Un-muting this has restored the sound.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:00 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello Deathrydar. I had gone right back to basics as was simply using the default install and my MSI laptop's inbuilt speakers. I am yappy to report I have found the issue though. It was in the Windows volume mixer. Where previously Everquest was shown it had been replaced with "No name" and was muted. Un-muting this has restored the sound.
Glad you got yours sorted out.
Old 10-29-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEidolon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glad you got yours sorted out.
I wish I had some advice to give ya, my friend. Unfortunately, I have no idea. The sound comes from your device (computer) so there is something hosed with that. The midis (the music) comes from a virtual synthesizer so the fact that the midis are working and the basic sound is not, has me perplexed.

Sorry!!
Old 10-29-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Latest patch has also broken p99 sounds for me. Everything else on my laptop plays fine but no EQ sounds work, and EQ doesn't even show up on the mixer bar. I tried a full fresh install from the video linked here and no luck
Old 10-29-2019, 12:07 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish I had some advice to give ya, my friend. Unfortunately, I have no idea. The sound comes from your device (computer) so there is something hosed with that. The midis (the music) comes from a virtual synthesizer so the fact that the midis are working and the basic sound is not, has me perplexed.

Sorry!!
Yeah, I'm completely stumped. I've even tried other private servers to test and the sound works completely fine there. It just seems to be P99 where it disappears like that.