Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolling is the worst possible option. Scout is an absolute travesty where 50 people line up their 9th alts for a 2% chance at conveyor belt loot. The encounter is completely trivialized and in almost all instances, the winning roller and his friends/guildmates in attendance would have zero chance of actually killing the Captain but for the fact that 49 other neck beards are honor bound to help since they too rolled. Replicating that process on Lodi is a terrible idea.
People's ninth alts only deserve good loot if they farm tens of thousands of platinum to buy it. Showing up every ten hours for months on end is far too easy compared to farming 20k.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People's ninth alts only deserve good loot if they farm tens of thousands of platinum to buy it. Showing up every ten hours for months on end is far too easy compared to farming 20k.
I don't really care whether people gear up 9 alts or not. But gameplay mechanics should encourage actually... playing the game in order to get that gear.

Logging in and out a toon and typing /ran every 10 hours for a 2% chance at being handed loot is a non-classic bastardization of EQ.
Old 05-25-2020, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Just have him spawn randomly during his window at any node on his path. Or hell, at any random loc in the zone.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or hell, at any random loc in the zone.
That would make him very likely to spawn somewhere in the huge ocean towards North Ro.
Would be fun actually! :-)
Old 05-26-2020, 03:50 AM
Planar Protector

a lot of people who play P99 don't even read or post on the forums.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolling is the worst possible option. Scout is an absolute travesty where 50 people line up their 9th alts for a 2% chance at conveyor belt loot. The encounter is completely trivialized and in almost all instances, the winning roller and his friends/guildmates in attendance would have zero chance of actually killing the Captain but for the fact that 49 other neck beards are honor bound to help since they too rolled. Replicating that process on Lodi is a terrible idea.

Just change the spawn timer. Make him completely random. No window, no variance, no skips. Work out the probabilities so he spawns at roughly the same rate, but with no rules on timing. If folks wanna spend 48 straight hours sitting at Lodi spawn to race for FTE, let them.
This. I know this isn't the Scout Roll amendment thread, but, I am still in favor of Loramin's suggestion there regarding bring-your-own-group and there being a /list mechanic for each group.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:18 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

THIS being said. . . how are you going to implement a roll on a mob like Lodizal with variance and a skip mechanic? lel.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 05-26-2020, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THIS being said. . . how are you going to implement a roll on a mob like Lodizal with variance and a skip mechanic? lel.
There's different ways you could do it, but one way would be that anyone can /list for Lodi any time (as long as he's not up). Then when he spawns, everyone on the list gets an AFK check. Of those who answer it within 20 seconds (or whatever time period) the system does a "roll", and the winner of that roll gets first crack at Lodi. If they fail to kill Lodi in 20 minutes (or whatever time period) a new "roll" happens.

However, it's important to note that even if the staff reads this very post and thinks "yes, that's exactly what we want on P99!" (which is far from guaranteed) ... any sort of "automated GMing" requires significant custom coding on their part. They have lots of priorities for this place, and even if "automating the GMing of Lodi" was priority #1 (not likely) they still would need to take awhile to actually write and test that code.

In other words, even if the staff <3's these ideas, it will likely still be a very long time before we see any of them in-game (and of course, if they don't then we'll never see them). Thus, unless everyone wants to keep doing clickfests, the server will need a player agreement for many months ... if not years (... if not forever).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-26-2020 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-26-2020, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I feel like not a single person read my last post in this thread. Which defeats the entire purpose of this thread.

in fact I wasn't even first.. Loramin made it clear
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
However, I do have to warn you (and I say this as someone who helped make the Shady Goblin agreement happen) ... agreements are very hard to get started. You have to get everyone "on the ground" involved to agree to them. Forum posts a good first step, but they're only the beginning.
Furthermore Lodizal isn't a quest npc like shady goblin, you don't hand it anything. It's a FTE mob people kill for loot, loot that isn't even BIS no matter how you try to spin it.
"rant= It's EC fat cat bullshit trying to manipulate spawns under the guise of bettering the server through an 'agreement' that not everyone agree's to"
ps. I have no stakes in lodizal, I've never even seen it in game.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-26-2020 at 11:43 AM..
Old 05-26-2020, 11:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ps. I have no stakes in lodizal, I've never even seen it in game.
FWIW I did the click fest once. And by "once", I mean I sat there for two entire hours, clicking constantly, and Lodi didn't show up, so I came back and clicked constantly for another two hours ... and he still didn't spawn. At that point I decided "let the six Dawn Believers (all of whom had been presumably sitting there clicking constantly for four hours) have it."

It was gross, and I will likely never do it again (if only because my wrists just can't take that RSI!) It's not classic, it's not good for anyone (I can't imagine even the Dawn Believer folks enjoyed it), and I think just about any replacement whatsoever would be better.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread