Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2020, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think he's talking about your robe sleeves with the PoD robe on. Something looks funky.
Ohhhh I see. My textures are fine, must be compression from imgur when I uploaded. I will check out the HD textures Jibartik recommends though - looks cool.

Quote:
Congrats man - that's really really tough. I try every so often when I get bored - no success yet.

I use a hasted Nanrum in Grobb, best i've done 42%. Nice job!
Thanks! Nanrum is a beast, but, he is 45 so he doesn't hit hard enough and is 5 levels lower than PoD. Still a beast for guard slaying troll guards though!
Old 08-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Banned

I was there when he did it

Legit solo kill - There was nobody else there with him

Nobody was buffing him

Haters gonna Hate
Old 08-07-2020, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks, N0tClassic! Haters gonna hate, indeed.
Old 08-07-2020, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

How did you keep him from CHing?
Old 08-07-2020, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN
How did you keep him from CHing?
Only 4 ways to handle CH
  1. Melee stun (bash/slam) - unreliable with charmed pet
  2. Spell stun (mez/whirl) - immune
  3. Mana sieve - unresistable
  4. DPS through it - since pet ended up with 45% hp, I might try this just to see if it's possible

I chose option 3. I sieved him 7 times. At 50, it's 310 mana drain per sieve, so 2,170 in total. Checked logs and pictures to see what spells he cast.

He attempted to cast 6 spells and only 1 of them was interrupted. None were resisted.

Immobilize on pet (80 mana)
Retribution on pet (240 mana)
Sound of Force on me (120 mana)
Word Divine PBAE (304 mana)
Nullify Magic pet (50 mana)
Nullify (pet interrupts)

After that final nullify attempt I landed my 7th sieve. That means I drained + he spent 2,964 mana. He may have actually had more mana, but after my 7th sieve my pet got in 2-3 more rounds of melee, then he started running before he cast anything else.

I am curious what the mana calculation is for NPCs.

On a side note. I casted Tashania (unresistable) and used the level 24 slow Tepid Deeds (most mana efficient) 5 times and it only landed twice. Never let it wear off. Other than Tash, mana sieve, and slow I cast strengthen once on pet after dispell to keep top buff slots full so charm was less likely to be dispelled.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I soloed Priest of Discord and Priest of Order on blue as a druid. No help from anyone. Priest of discord takes me about 2 hours and Priest of order took three days of dying and 4.5 hours of NON STOP FIGHTING. If he breaks root once you can die if you're not fast enough to root. He resists a LOT and he nukes for 700.
video or ill assume drug induced beard posting of college graduate living with mom till 45
Old 08-07-2020, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
video or ill assume drug induced beard posting of college graduate living with mom till 45
Really not that hard. you just keep him rooted and DoTed. Break line of sight as much as you can. Would be especially easy on blue since snare and roots stack so you could be 100% sure he will never get a chance to heal.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only 4 ways to handle CH
  1. Melee stun (bash/slam) - unreliable with charmed pet
  2. Spell stun (mez/whirl) - immune
  3. Mana sieve - unresistable
  4. DPS through it - since pet ended up with 45% hp, I might try this just to see if it's possible

I chose option 3. I sieved him 7 times. At 50, it's 310 mana drain per sieve, so 2,170 in total. Checked logs and pictures to see what spells he cast.

He attempted to cast 6 spells and only 1 of them was interrupted. None were resisted.

Immobilize on pet (80 mana)
Retribution on pet (240 mana)
Sound of Force on me (120 mana)
Word Divine PBAE (304 mana)
Nullify Magic pet (50 mana)
Nullify (pet interrupts)

After that final nullify attempt I landed my 7th sieve. That means I drained + he spent 2,964 mana. He may have actually had more mana, but after my 7th sieve my pet got in 2-3 more rounds of melee, then he started running before he cast anything else.

I am curious what the mana calculation is for NPCs.

On a side note. I casted Tashania (unresistable) and used the level 24 slow Tepid Deeds (most mana efficient) 5 times and it only landed twice. Never let it wear off. Other than Tash, mana sieve, and slow I cast strengthen once on pet after dispell to keep top buff slots full so charm was less likely to be dispelled.
Castle:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Me: I SPAMMED MAINA SUCK TULL I FULT WAS ENUF
Old 08-09-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Haha, maybe one day. I still don't know his mana pool or mana pool calc for NPCs in general. Something worth exploring... and that's why I still play EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Received some PMs on forums of people being inspired and pulling it off.

Anyone wanna share their stories here?
Closed Thread