Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2020, 11:46 AM
Large Bat

Default Pleased to meet you!

Hail! Very pleased to meet you!

My name is Keith, I am so excited to be here. My wife Amanda (thegeekyanvil) and I learned about this wonderful project only very recently and for that we do apologize, we would have been here much sooner had we known what was here for us love.

A former addict from the week Kunark released, Cazic-Thule, Evincar <Cohort Chalybeius> 60 High Priest (Dark Elf). Admittedly I haven’t considered a return since early 2000s when this thing called life stepped in and took things in a different direction. Speaking with a friend recently he asked me about some memories involving our adventures together during that time. We began to reminisce and he mentioned in passing that he was thinking about playing again, here through Project 1999. My ears perked as I inquired about his reference. A few days later, a physical copy of Titanium Edition is in route and I have prepared the household for the inevitable.

I gave my wife some homework and asked her to dive into the newbie section of the wonderfully written and catalogued wiki, asked her to choose her class based on what she read and how she wants to role-play. Her decision was made and now we await delivery day. I will of course be submitting for an IP exemption so we can start our journey together. I will be following whatever procedure is required for us to enjoy this wonderful game together and with you all here for a long time to come. We are very excited to have a real community to converse with and not just be another name in the crowd of ‘get gud’.

Thank you all for supporting this all these years, and I do sincerely apologize I knew nothing of this until literally 5 days ago. We plan to support through helping anyone we can (once we get caught up on things!) and contributing to your wonderful community.

Thank you for having us. We look forward to many amazing adventures.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:03 AM
Kobold

Welcome, hope you enjoy your time here. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-24-2020, 08:49 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Welcome to P99 - I am sure you and your wife will enjoy your time here!
Old 02-24-2020, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to Norrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 02-24-2020, 02:11 PM
Sarnak

Welcome back! Remember the journey is the goal.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

*double finger guns*

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 02-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Welcome back! See you in Norrath.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Large Bat

Thank you all for the warm welcome, we appreciate your time to reply. The discs have arrived! I will be following the setup guide closely and anticipate the completion this evening once I have some time to sit down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naxy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back! Remember the journey is the goal.
Yes, that is our primary goal. We love learning games together, and having a great time leveling is what we strive for. We just gone done a few weeks ago off a heavy Path of Exile Metamorph binge, but be it Dungeon Defenders, Divinity Original Sin 2 or various other games we try our best to enjoy the path to the end just as much if not more than the 'end game'.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:25 AM
Large Rat

Welcome! I just recently reinstalled and started on green myself. I also played on CT back in the day and definitely remember you Evincar. I was mostly a human monk Maximous, troll shaman Niccolo.

Great to see others from CT back in the day! I'm now playing on green Tinolene a WE bard.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:43 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filson221 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! I just recently reinstalled and started on green myself. I also played on CT back in the day and definitely remember you Evincar. I was mostly a human monk Maximous, troll shaman Niccolo.

Great to see others from CT back in the day! I'm now playing on green Tinolene a WE bard.
Awesome! I certainly remember your name! I am about to hit level 19, I took an extended amount of time from 12-18 to farm wisps and twink myself out with gear and higher end bags so I was set up long term. I will message you when I have some time (Tuesday and Wednesday) and we can actually do something. Essential retail is where I reside at the moment until we are forced to close which isn’t likely because we work on metro police cars in addition to retail. We will see how it goes.