Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be a druid. They are literally everything a wizard is and more. Whoever says wizards are better for "endgame raiding" doesn't have a wizard, or wants to stare at a wall in ToV spamming TL.

Good luck getting dragon's bane / giant's bane. Even if you do get them, it's pointless.

The guy above me talking about a wizard killing 8 mobs is lying.

Be a druid.
I'm lying? As I quadded wyverns in Cobalt Scar on my 54 druid I chatted and watched a wizard pull wyverns from the Skyshrine tower, it was 7-8 wyverns.

Also telling the guy a druid is everything a wizard is and more is not true.

They are very different classes and if I wanted a dps in a group but only had a druid and a wizard to choose from I would pick the wizard.

I personally enjoy the druid class more than the wizard class, but that being said I still wouldn't tell someone to not consider playing a wizard if they had an interest to do so.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:39 AM
Sarnak

Wizards > Druids.

I would list all the reasons in the world to make druid class look like crap but i rather keep my druid friends and the <Dial a Port> people happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards > Druids.

I would list all the reasons in the world to make druid class look like crap but i rather keep my druid friends and the <Dial a Port> people happy.

lol, with all the shit going on lately I am sure there isn't anything you could possibly say that would be any worse than the rest.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 03-02-2017, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

I quad kited on both druid and wizard. I quadded all the way to 60 on my wizard. It's slow, but ideal for ultra casual play. I found wizard kiting to be far easier and faster than druid kiting because of the TFlux staff. I could afk for an hour, come back, click on jboots, run out click 4 mobs, group them, snare them and burn them down in under 5 minutes. Druid quadding takes considerably longer since you're trying to group snared mobs. Druids do have an advantage in finding the blue mobs nearby with track, and with the snare clicky, wolf form clicky and lightning clicky can perpetually quad mana free at level 45+, but that's slower still.

Wizards only get bothered for ports. Druids get tells from across the zone for buffs.

Druids have more options of where to solo with charm capabilities.

Either will have the same troubles /LFG, but either can build their own groups cuz ports.

Of course, after I got my Wizard to 60, I quit it and started another alt, cuz outside of porting and nuking there isn't anything to do with a wizard.
Last edited by Ravager; 03-02-2017 at 09:10 AM..
Old 03-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Fuck Wizards. Anyone who rolls a Wizard as their main clearly has horrible decision making skills.

sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comoc1
Offering a 10k bounty for Soeki's or Jigoku's suspension pm me logs of GM discussion and fraps link to collect

Uyan <Aftermath>
Old 03-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Dude Rolls deep with his wizard group and solo. Don't let having 250hp at level 35 fool you most stuff is dead in 3 hits.

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Old 03-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Druid is more well rounded. Wizard is a good main for raid guilds IMO...you can get to raid encounters easily and are good DPS for a lot of encounters (without needing many buffs or items), particularly with the zerg mindset on this server.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard Pillar spells are max 4 targets, just like druids AE. Nobody picks a wizard for DPS in groups.

I'm telling you this as a level 60 epic wizard in gear that you will never obtain.
Let me clarify this so it's easy to understand.

I watched a wizard pull 7-8 mobs on each pull, snare them, and then have the efficiency to kill them all on that pull. Obviously a "quad" spell only lands on 4 mobs hence it's called "quad" for a reason.

On my druid I couldn't pull two sets of 4 mobs and quad them because the druid quad spells simply are not as efficient as the wizards. On my druid I pull 4, quad them, and sit and med for the next set. That wizard would pull 7-8 mobs, kite and kill them, then sit and med.

Any group that is looking for dps and had to choose between a wizard or a druid is going to pick a wizard. 100 out of 100. Druids do NOT do DPS better than wizards.

IDGAF if you got an epic wizard or not, btw. Painting the wizard as badly as you are looks retarded.
Last edited by Lhancelot; 03-02-2017 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

Wizard gets pretty amazing in the end. In groups you do kind of suck until you get level 44 and get conflagration and later with ice comet and the draught line. You can quad pretty early on.

I make a lot of alts and have a shaman...I just make my own SOW potions for 60pp per ten doses and even if I don't make the money back on my quads (I usually do) I can just port for some cash.

I've grouped occasionally, and have never had any trouble finding a group, but I've more or less soloed into the mid 40's on my wiz so far....great for doing chores....do a quad, run the vacuum...do a quad....load the dish washer...do a quad...start a load of laundry...lol. I played one to 55 in live, but that was Luclin era and it is much harder on p99...easier however now with Velious gear proliferation.

But I've been quadding since level 16 with pillar of fire and it is easy peasy XP. It is nice getting a blue or more per pull in the mid 40's.

Druids are pretty sweet, and I plan on rolling one because I have pretty much played every class but druid over the years and I've always liked them. Wizard is the only class I've played seriously twice, on live and on p99.

The lower levels are excruciating though. Lol. Druid is definitely a lot easier. But do you want to be an Int caster or do you want to be a Wis caster? There is a big difference, not just in aesthetics but in function. Do you want to heal or nuke?

Plus the various stuns, AE snares, roots, you can do a lot in a group.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any group that is looking for dps and had to choose between a wizard or a druid is going to pick a wizard. 100 out of 100. Druids do NOT do DPS better than wizards.
That's not accurate. If the group is going somewhere the druid can charm, they will be way better dps. Also, wizard dps isn't great, so a lot of groups would take the druid since they have buffs and can also snare (and even harmony is helpful.)

I personally enjoy playing and grouping with wizards, but they are not picked over druids as much as you claim.
Closed Thread