Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 10:10 PM
Banned

Im sorta confused, is this an original quest or was it added with the corrupted karanas or something? Meaning if I went back in time, could I use it to excel at leveling on the classic live server?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:02 PM
Fire Giant

You have to love that people will still find a way to exploit a game after 18 years...
Old 06-24-2017, 11:10 PM
Banned

better than exploiting your life tho u know?

but on another note come on, eq is ALL about the sploits! That gobbo earring, kiting, sneek pulling (rip), cani dancing, run sit med run sit med, stuff like that is what makes the game great! Figuring out how to use the physics of the virtual universe to create magic that normal people, walkn around bumping into eachother, would never expect!
Old 06-24-2017, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
better than exploiting your life tho u know?

but on another note come on, eq is ALL about the sploits! That gobbo earring, kiting, sneek pulling (rip), cani dancing, run sit med run sit med, stuff like that is what makes the game great! Figuring out how to use the physics of the virtual universe to create magic that normal people, walkn around bumping into eachother, would never expect!
All those exploits you mentioned don't give you XP toward levels for basically doing nothing. What the whole Bread Quest is mainly a cheat code and sure to be removed from the code.

But... It does give one to think about how long can one keep turning in the quest before you don't get anything?
Last edited by Gumbo; 06-25-2017 at 12:05 AM..
Old 06-25-2017, 12:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
cuckoo.gif
I did go back and edit my reply...

But... It does give one to think about how long can one keep turning in the quest before you don't get anything?

I'm just stating the truth. Enough people have talked about this Bread Quest so we both know that it will be removed from the game or changed so it only goes to a certain level.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All those exploits you mentioned don't give you XP toward levels for basically doing nothing. What the whole Bread Quest is mainly a cheat code and sure to be removed from the code.

You never stop getting rewards from xp quests, its just the xp gained becomes a smaller and smaller fraction of what you need to finish each subsequent level (because each level requires a little more xp than the previous).
Old 06-25-2017, 08:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did you read the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telin said it gets removed next patch with Chardok revamp https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...59&postcount=8
It's a temporary quest, only available while the Karana's are plagued. I guess deathfist belts and goblin ears are an exploit too? When the Karana plague first started one of the GM's specifically said "there's quests worth doing" involving the event, so it's working as intended.

I will say people using two epic cleric's to rez them back and forth between NPC's seems very borderline exploit, but the people doing it without that are not close to exploiting.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

trying to get my old thread on this unlocked so i'll bump this one up until then.

Seems like a ton of people are doing this now, back when I made the guide I didn't see a single person and now during the low pop wee hours of the day there is a good 7-10 folks running back and forth.

Enchanters, druids, and wizards, oh my~
Old 06-29-2017, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
trying to get my old thread on this unlocked so i'll bump this one up until then.

Seems like a ton of people are doing this now, back when I made the guide I didn't see a single person and now during the low pop wee hours of the day there is a good 7-10 folks running back and forth.

this is an awesome thread, but this link you have is an AWESOME guide! cool.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trust me if I wouldn't of saw your guide I would of hyped it up a long ass time ago. We are always looking for the quickest way to get our Druids to 29 to start porting.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread