Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 07:34 PM
Skeleton

Default Logging in from unfamiliar places...

Just curious if this might be an issue. Currently, I play at home and sometimes from where I work, and I haven't had any issues with that, but I'll be going on a business trip tomorrow and might be logging in from several different locations just to pass the time. Is this something I should be worried about? Like IP/Account tracking that might get me in trouble?
Old 02-22-2020, 07:49 PM
Kobold

no
Old 02-22-2020, 07:54 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no
Just read some reddit posts that said they had logged in from several different IP's before and got banned, but maybe that was just VPN use?
Old 02-22-2020, 08:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just read some reddit posts that said they had logged in from several different IP's before and got banned, but maybe that was just VPN use?
I'd guess that ban would have been due to some other reason, such as boxing; not due to logging in from varying locations or using a VPN. Close friends even share accounts sometimes and don't get banned (as long as they don't 2-box).

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P99 Reddit the place where banned people go to talk trash?
Last edited by Videri; 02-22-2020 at 09:01 PM..
Old 02-22-2020, 08:57 PM
Kobold

You are allowed to use VPNs and normally a VPN fixes login issues.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P99 Reddit the place where banned people go to talk trash?
I dunno. Usually when I have a question about p99, I just google it and get various things to read about it, mostly reddit comes up.
Closed Thread