Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-04-2023, 04:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Word on the elven streets is Tune returned from a year hiatus after getting ran off the box to rally the boys for one more hurrah? I understand the pvpbros have another 30 corpses in ntov after another unsuccessful grief and Tune took a first death exit every round today??

Anyone have proof on this matter? It’s important for red99 lore.
Old 02-05-2023, 05:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please note that I added a no ringers rule.
you added it and remove it 30min b4 it started on red cuz other team was not folloowing the rule you change em kinda unfair but karma was made there lost anyways !

Thunderpig the bow quester !
Old 02-05-2023, 09:56 AM
Orc

also tried to make it 3/5 after the first match.

not gonna lie and not trying to be that guy but if im being honest, this event was horrible at least in the spirit of a "test of tactics"

a test of tactics should be a test of tactics, otherwise its like lets see who has the fastest car...... but it cant have 4 wheels, it has to be made by X....singles race only...

2mins before the event, OK you can bring a friend.

first match is over, ok who wants to change this to best of 5?

does nobody else see this as weak? (dont want to seem ungrateful for an event but, i dont have to be ungrateful to show up to a store giving away free apples to find its actually oranges and say you should fix your sign)

for future reference, i think its safe to say hash out the rule details ahead of time and never change them at the start or mid game....i think most can agree on at least that.
Last edited by jinxy12; 02-05-2023 at 09:58 AM..
Old 02-05-2023, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

In Visceryn's defense, I saw he had some form of brackets in tournament when there were 3 teams in the tournament. IIRC, it was originally gonna be first team to 3 wins. But since he had a team drop out, he changed it to best of 3 fights.

It would have made no difference if it was best of 5/7/9/11. The superior team won the tournament. Watching Merz fight was hilarious though, he did less damage than Drybone and Drybone died in the first 5 seconds of every round. Not sure why you'd let that person in your team.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Whatever happened to chivalry?
Thanks Visceryn !
Old 02-05-2023, 10:41 AM
Decaying Skeleton

FFS yall.

the only reason he suggested 3/5 was cuz the first match was so quick, and as wharfrat said, a team dropped out. perhaps a hasty decision. came in strategizing for 3 rounds. understandable.

but then when people freaked out he didn't change it??? i dont think he was trying to sabotage anyone.

i get the ringer one. in the end it didn't matter.

i do agree rule changes mid contest are lame, but this was not the display of patent deception and disregard people are making it out to be.

and obviously people will do their damnedest to cheat/bend the rules no matter what rules are decided. ramp running and folks getting called out for clicky shenanigans yesterday. people not grasping the concept of a 30 second buff period. vis is just one dude and he was herding cats.

it was still entertaining. that's all this is for.

just chill and enjoy the free show already.
Old 02-05-2023, 11:34 AM
Aviak

now that we are change the rule's and stuff can we give tittels to the hole team that won [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-05-2023, 12:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

heywood, not wharfrat. derp
Old 02-05-2023, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFS yall.

the only reason he suggested 3/5 was cuz the first match was so quick, and as wharfrat said, a team dropped out. perhaps a hasty decision. came in strategizing for 3 rounds. understandable.

but then when people freaked out he didn't change it??? i dont think he was trying to sabotage anyone.

i get the ringer one. in the end it didn't matter.

i do agree rule changes mid contest are lame, but this was not the display of patent deception and disregard people are making it out to be.

and obviously people will do their damnedest to cheat/bend the rules no matter what rules are decided. ramp running and folks getting called out for clicky shenanigans yesterday. people not grasping the concept of a 30 second buff period. vis is just one dude and he was herding cats.

it was still entertaining. that's all this is for.

just chill and enjoy the free show already.

agreed, no malice on Visceryn's part and hey, the last minute ringer rule change gave us a win. lol
Last edited by Nyrod; 02-05-2023 at 12:49 PM..
Old 02-05-2023, 05:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agreed, no malice on Visceryn's part and hey, the last minute ringer rule change gave us a win. lol
never thought it was.

however.....

as opposed to doing it right,

(aka, no sudden rule changes, and a disregard for basic tournament format (aka brackets dont change and the players vs leaver advances))

he chose to change the rules stated and break the format which only opens up the possibilities of not only that (corruption/rigging) but it stands to buff some while nerfing others which again kinda defeats the purpose of doing it in the first place.

again, i am thankful it was a hosted event and i dont want to be mistaken, its just like the sign reference though.....gutting the fundamentals is all

(ngl either, wandering into not safe areas and getting your corpse camped shouldnt allow gm's to summon bodies for them either...they should show up naked if they want to watch, or be careful, but i dont see how summoning bodies should be a thing for an event either)
Last edited by jinxy12; 02-05-2023 at 05:47 PM..