Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 02-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxy12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
test of a specific tactic (ftfy)

classic change<my feels change

just have everyone make a lvl 1 ogre and beat eachother with rusty swords, winner can be best of the best....otherwise, this just feels pigeonholed into oblivion because its not what YOU wanted.
Sorry you dont got shurikens.

Inner flame shuriken hits for 1100 max 400 minimum 1 second cast time with haste, 958 standing hits on a 1540 ac character with 250 defense. Lets promote some actual competition instead of boohoo my cheesy strategy that didn't exist on live doesn't work now.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

More rule changes than blues raid scene, yikes. Hope that helps.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:14 PM
Senior Server Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxy12 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sorry but i just feel you're wrong.

IMO, if someone drops out of the tournament, their enemy should auto advance, not switch the rules around..(btw if 5 teams total someone would have to auto advance anyway.)

same thing goes for changing rules on the fly, same thing goes for planning.

again, you say planning wasnt a problem but yet u say you didnt post the rules early (you did, even the ringer rule which was last added was a couple days before hand)

if a huge effort went into these im super underwhelmed, if thats the case i can plan and host some (im not guilded and could care less who wins) events and not do any of that if this is the case.

feels like excuses for lack of planning and huge oversight just how bad changing the rules right before or mid event is.....

you want to have a test of tactics, have a test of tactics....but dont call this one and dont overlook how bad doing that stuff actually is (rule changing)

(not trying to be a dk, but if ur job is to put something put a number on it and you put a letter, im not going to tell you good job just because.

(again im not mad at you, and im thankful for something over nothing, but dont overlook the bad points of the something just because you made it, be better, accept criticism without it being personal)
While healthy criticism is appreciated, the manner in which it is given is of the utmost importance. There has been much debate and updates with our GM Events due to a variety of reasons. How you're choosing to address your thoughts about changes, while heart-felt, is becoming abrasive. If there are additional updates to this event, an announcement will be made. As always, attending the event is at your discretion especially if not in agreement with how we choose to execute our events.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry you dont got shurikens.

Inner flame shuriken hits for 1100 max 400 minimum 1 second cast time with haste, 958 standing hits on a 1540 ac character with 250 defense. Lets promote some actual competition instead of boohoo my cheesy strategy that didn't exist on live doesn't work now.
how do i tell you you're wrong...

first i dont have a monk, nor the shurikens.

the only thing im boo hoo'ing is the spirit of the "test" "of" "tactics" and the fact its pigeonholed into....well this lol

if you're trying to promote competition, you dont nerf everything but the thing u want into oblivion bud.

btw farming an item from a raid zone isnt a cheese strat, the fact is almost everyone in this tournament is damned near best in slot....

its like a party saying cake for everyone, then theres a guy saying nah this guy cant have cake and not seeing a problem with it.

im not a yes man, never will be as it hurts both them and yourself, but to sit here and say good job when it clearly isnt, then missing the point and assuming ontop of it....kinda shows why its bad
Old 02-09-2023, 03:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrogio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While healthy criticism is appreciated, the manner in which it is given is of the utmost importance. There has been much debate and updates with our GM Events due to a variety of reasons. How you're choosing to address your thoughts about changes, while heart-felt, is becoming abrasive. If there are additional updates to this event, an announcement will be made. As always, attending the event is at your discretion especially if not in agreement with how we choose to execute our events.
sorry if it seems that way, but even mentioned a few times that im not mad or hold anything against him...

but im curious which part was bad? is it because i said he is wrong and we have to be yes men?

or is it a point i made?
or did i somehow insult him?

if legitimate criticism is the only reason......

(btw hosting a concert then showing up and there being no music....isnt a good event.... a concert is about music, if you have no music its no a concert.......i shouldnt be censored just because its your friends concert, you should realize i can be thankful for an event while also saying that the event, as far as a concert is concerned, was a bad concert (aka no music)... esp when im telling you how you can fix the problem while not insulting you in the slightest....telling someone they are wrong isnt insulting, its showing them the better way (provided solutions given like i gave)

(no rule changing, proper planning time, and just fixing his lies like where he said he didnt post rules before hand yet the very beginning of this thread alone shows otherwise.....again you guys are taking it personal because i pointed out the faults with the event rather than see it as an opportunity to fix it and make it better.....instead you guys are calling it abrasive for some reason you havent shared yet)
Last edited by jinxy12; 02-09-2023 at 03:38 PM..
Old 02-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Senior Server Guide

Quote:
sorry if it seems that way, but even mentioned a few times that im not mad or hold anything against him...

but im curious which part was bad? is it because i said he is wrong and we have to be yes men?

or is it a point i made?
or did i somehow insult him?

if legitimate criticism is the only reason......
I'm not going to elaborate on the instances where you have doubt about your way of communicating as that would not be a productive use of time and further clog this thread. If you have concerns, then now is your chance to compile them all in one reply. We will review your post and proceed accordingly. As Visceryn has answered most or all of your concerns, do not be surprised if no additional changes are made and the event moves forward.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:49 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrogio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to elaborate on the instances where you have doubt about your way of communicating as that would not be a productive use of time and further clog this thread. If you have concerns, then now is your chance to compile them all in one reply. We will review your post and proceed accordingly. As Visceryn has answered most or all of your concerns, do not be surprised if no additional changes are made and the event moves forward.
thats not shady at all, im being abrasive but you dont know where....

so pointing out where they're wrong/bringing it up at all is the problem i can only assume....
Last edited by jinxy12; 02-09-2023 at 03:51 PM..
Old 02-09-2023, 03:53 PM
Kobold

Quote:
btw farming an item from a raid zone isnt a cheese strat, the fact is almost everyone in this tournament is damned near best in slot....
This is the green server bud, the majority of the people here are still raiding in half kunark/sky gear.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the green server bud, the majority of the people here are still raiding in half kunark/sky gear.
and yet here you are crying about a hateplane item. (while some even on your server have better gear, and while the other 2 servers are BiS)

like i said, most.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Banning Shuriken of the Tranquil from the event. We've had some concerns this week with how powerful it is and it is indeed too powerful for this event. The item was hitting for 400 consistently with spikes close to 1k. Fully geared players were dying in less than 8 seconds which is just too over powered.
this is kind of silly

u are banning shurikens but u are allowing people to bow with weighted axes?