Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 01-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would a manna robe + Z heart matter so much for a mage? is it to cast a bunch of COTH's?
yes

on fast engages every coth counts....now, ill say coth ORDER is far more important than manna robe + z heart but when you're lacking bard/necro pump it can make a difference between yellow text and sorry-you-dont-got-FTE-see-you-in-7-days
Old 01-25-2023, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yes

on fast engages every coth counts....now, ill say coth ORDER is far more important than manna robe + z heart but when you're lacking bard/necro pump it can make a difference between yellow text and sorry-you-dont-got-FTE-see-you-in-7-days
i sure wouldnt buy it tho, let the guild provide it or use dkp. once you hit a certain mana threshold, mana and manarobe/zheart kinda pointless. coth order and what you have on RTE matters more, long as you can coth around 8-10 people on your own. once i hit 4k mana i stopped even trying to get mana items anymore (i wear draco shoulders for instance).
Old 01-25-2023, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Best answer is to just not raid. Farm pp with mage to buy shit as needed. Focused air and water pet are good enough.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best answer is to just not raid. Farm pp with mage to buy shit as needed. Focused air and water pet are good enough.
thats why i suggested the wc cap to change to your better char awhile ago.
Old 01-25-2023, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah best bet is to warmbody the shit out of raids and get sellable raid loot

way more plat per hour
Old 01-25-2023, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Mage epic was game changer for me. I made my mage back in 2015, got bored of constantly having to summon pet over and over to get max one, drove me nuts. I quit mage at level 51/52....earth staff dropped, I bid on it, few months later 60 mage...soo friggin fun to level omg
Old 01-25-2023, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage epic was game changer for me. I made my mage back in 2015, got bored of constantly having to summon pet over and over to get max one, drove me nuts. I quit mage at level 51/52....earth staff dropped, I bid on it, few months later 60 mage...soo friggin fun to level omg
Thats not game changing, thats you being lazy. hope that helps.
Old 01-25-2023, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

They just need to revert the dumb root net recharge cost since everyone farms specters anyway. Would be a big deal for mages getting epic and opening up options.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

If anyone with an epic wants to see how far the epic pet can get a geonid down without assistance that would be interesting. I know the earth needs a lot of help but would be game to do some testing and report back with various pet strengths and npc health percentages. It would be fun to add EoT into the mix. Well, I think so, lol.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

If an epic pet can't solo a single geonid its 100% not worth getting.