Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 04:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at my African American friend.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ironc you reply to that post at the end of page 2012

The profecy has spoken
Quads don't mean shit.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not a very good troll. Mick at least keeps it fresh.
Thanks for defining what's "backwards" with your upside-down politcal ideology that seeks to make right into wrong, wrong into right, men into women, women into men, criminals into victims, thugs into boys, capitalism into communism, and being poor a life sentence.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Banned

it's also ironic that the post above yours someone else compliments my tangents while you on the other hand become afraid and upset

So it is you that is week
Old 11-24-2018, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's also ironic that the post above yours someone else compliments my tangents while you on the other hand become afraid and upset

So it is I that is week
Irony, is the intentional misuse of irony in that post while humble bragging about intentional shitposts under a veil a solidarity with a dedicated contrarian while sharing a dead on the boards posting style on a dead game's fan-based project message board. At least you're not reeeeeeing autistically as much as in the past.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fuck is a Centrist in the US? You hate poor people but also hate war?
That’s where I stand on the issues. And the obese and diabetic. I’d run them down with an F-250 if I could
Old 11-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I have no idea how you got to South Africa. You like, remember Apartheid? People aren't that far removed from institutional segregation at every level of life. There's bound to be plenty of hard feelings. You have two or three generations of people that were told they were inferior their entire lives. How do you think they're going to act when they're suddenly "equal" and the majority?
NL
Old 11-24-2018, 05:33 PM
Banned

The big disconnect between me and much of the left is when it comes to situations like South Africa, they come up with some bullshit excuse for the black regimes oppressive behavior based on past wrongs by various ancestors.

Here's some problematic implications with defending South African racism among blacks there:

1) Two wrongs make a right. Its ok to wrong people that did nothing to you because one of their ancestories (theoretically if not actually) did the same to your ancestors.

2) There's something just plain wrong with white people. They are the only type people in the world that oppress others and are racist.

3) White people need to fix themselves, everyone else is fine. Non-whites are doing everything right, and whites just need to stop being racist and help them and then they will no longer do bad things. Which they only do because of whites -- and they are justified.

People are people, reguardless of ethnicity. They are all prone to using their racial majority status in a way to advantage themselves. This is normal for a human being. We in the west think this is bad (because it is mostly) -- so we try to change our natural tendency to do this. But make no mistake, any group of people would be a bunch of racist slavers if they could. History pretty much bears this out.

The reason I don't agree with the alt right. Is because they use some of this info to more or less argue "well we got to be super racist then because its natural and the only realistic way to get people mobilized." Sounds like an OK argument before -- you know -- Hilter and WW2 kind of showed where that is likely to land your country in the long run. Not to mention its very evil and I don't fancy the instability either.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 11-24-2018 at 05:36 PM..
Old 11-24-2018, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No need to imagine anything. I don't have hate in my heart, especially for some poor bigot on the other end of the comment chain.
How do you reconcile this with calling me a hookworm infested red cap? That's pretty clearly a hateful statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin
I wish you all the best and hope that some day you'll leave your small town and meet some people who don't look and think exactly like yourself.
The contact hypothesis is probably the result of the bias of sociologists. When Paluck et Al revisited the topic they had to throw out 99% of the studies used Pettigrew & Troop:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paluck
When searching for policy-relevant findings among the hundreds of studies that comprise the contact literature to date, we used the following two critiques of the literature as criteria for determining whether a research study was capable of generating actionable research findings: first, did the study assign a contact intervention randomly, allowing for unbiased causal inference about the effects of intergroup contact? Second, were outcomes measured at least one day after the contact intervention began? Testing whether intervention effects endure beyond the first day of engagement is a minimum policy standard of efficacy. This requirement also reflects the greater stock we put in studies that separate the experimental intervention process from the measurement process. Of the hundreds of studies we reviewed, only 27 experiments track post-intervention outcomes for at least one day. Notably, just 11 of these studies focus on contact across racial or ethnic lines, which has been a concern of courts and policy-makers from the start of intergroup contact research.
Their conclusion was that the contact hypothesis only holds for the disabled.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you reconcile this with calling me a hookworm infested red cap? That's pretty clearly a hateful statement.

The contact hypothesis is probably the result of the bias of sociologists. When Paluck et Al revisited the topic they had to throw out 99% of the studies used Pettigrew & Troop:

Their conclusion was that the contact hypothesis only holds for the disabled.
Im predicting a smarmy dismissal, and ad hominem counterattack, followed by a pathological plea for support from the likeminded. Textbook...stay tuned
Closed Thread