Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 10:30 PM
Large Bat

Default Skylar the Skammer

A Dawn Believer named Skylar defrauded me in game. Agreed to sell a set of visible HIE armor and deliver it along with about 2.5k of other items to a paladin project of mine in Felwithe. He logged and I haven't seen him since. I reached out to an officer of DB, Nephinine, and was basically told that since DB casts a broad net, these things happens. Translated: don't trust anyone in Dawn Believers for anything. There is no screening and no consequences for scamming by their officers. They recruit anyone, scruples or not.

For those that want to flame on trusting another player in game, you are right, so flame away. I promise to never trust another Dawn Believer in game again. I don't particularly care about the loss of the items. It's just pixels after all. I write this to warn others and in someway to express my disappointment in myself for trusting another person in this game. Most people I have met have been good people, but rotten apples like this guy, well he just gave me a reason to stop showing any kindness in game to anyone else in the future.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

I would put in a petition on forums for sure. Hopefully his power just went out tho. It has happened before.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

I think the answer is to infiltrate DB and destroy it from within
Old 03-06-2019, 09:23 AM
Planar Protector

ALways record (or at least screenshot) player transactions in case of needing to petition.

Its like people leaving receipts at restaurants trusting the low wage server to not claim extra tips
Old 03-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its like people leaving receipts at restaurants trusting the low wage server to not claim extra tips
Shit...I do this.

I need to stop.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

DB is investigating the matter. We take incidents like this very seriously. And yes, we do cast a broad drag net over the server and don't discriminate on recruitment. There's only so much you can do to balance being an inclusive, casual guild (Which also raids) and being an exclusive guild like many of the top end guilds.

When we hear of something like this happen, we look into the matter and take appropriate action. We don't want to arbitrarily punish people if something unforeseen comes up, but we also don't want scumbags in our guild.

Like I said both in tells and in response to your post in our guild recruitment thread, these things happen. We don't tolerate it, but it is a consequence of being one of the largest guilds (by population) on the server.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Last edited by LazyHydras; 03-06-2019 at 10:24 AM..
Old 03-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Anyone named Skylar is a cunt who should be shunned and avoided, as Breaking Bad has taught us.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone named Skylar is a cunt who should be shunned and avoided, as Breaking Bad has taught us.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Like Legidias said - it REALLY helps to have screenshots so that both the staff can verify these things and so that guild officers, like myself, can see who it is.

It is VERY easy to make a swift /guildremove decision with screenshots. It's VERY murky without.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

The guy just couldn't log back in after crash

Case closed

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread