Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior DPS?

Ok, at what level do warriors start doing better DPS with stuff like frostbringer/first of zek/bloodpoints over weapons like the staff of battle?

Or should a warrior just start looking to pick up a better 2h weapon?
Old 07-10-2019, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Around 40 is when I made the switch. I'd say because until that point holding aggro in a group wasnt as important as later levels. Also, more aggro weaps proc at later levels so your options are more diverse.

Also, in your 40's is when DW dps will start to beat out 2hand dps due to your primary dmg bonus increasing.

Hope that helps!
Old 07-10-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

What's your dual-wield skill? Maxed out (at 60) you prob have best a 75% chance of the offhand swinging. At level 40 it's much lower than that.

Are you looking to DPS like as non-MT on raids or are you mainly looking to solo/duo 40+? If so there are other reasons a good 2h is more appealing than duel-wield for this. Bigger ripostes, less mob ripostes, less concern about damage shields, being able to joust (ie: Oggok Cleaver), your riposte disc in the early 50's. Etc.

I'm not sure what combo you would want in a non-tanking role that would outdamage something like a Reaver at 60; probably NTOV drops though. Triple attack with a 40dmg sword and chances for crits/crips is pretty legit. Especially once the 2h patch lands, if it ever does.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-10-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

High 40s to low 50s seems to be the break point. When in doubt download Gamparse and you can monitor your dps in real-time with a heads up display.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 07-12-2019, 03:10 AM
Fire Giant

The exception to the rule is of course Wurmslayer. Combined with a decent off-hand, it should start out parsing Staff of Battle in the early thirties. Also, like the 2 handers, you'll want to switch it out with something faster mid 40's.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:37 AM
Fire Giant

if i remember correctly, 37 or 38 is where dual wield starts doing better than 2h (staff of battle vs. frostbringer/wess)
Old 07-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

So at level 20 should I be duel wielding (Jasthar Trident and green jaded broadsword) or 2hs (Shieldstorm or Fellhammer)? A 60 warrior gave me the two 2hs but really haven’t used them much.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:30 AM
Sarnak

Use staff of battle at 20.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Use staff of battle at 20.
Really? What makes it so special? I can’t see spending 300-500 on that (I don’t have that plat either for one thing lol)for something with no stats also because it’s 2hb. Wouldn’t warrior be better served with 1hs or 2hs with AC and Str stats over that or is it just because of the DLY/DMG ratio? Isn’t the warrior bread and butter 1hs or 2hs mainly?
Old 07-18-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Dont worry about stats on weapons. Ratio >>>>>>>> stats. Reaver would still be 10k+ without stats.

Staff of Battle is an amazing ratio item for super cheap. You can use it as DPS even in raids post 50+ (when you dont want your DW proc weaps out)

Warriors will want to train all your weapon skills (well, maybe not piercing). As a tank, you will probably DW your proc weapons. In a raid as non-tank, you can get very nice DW weapons, but they are costly and a cheap staff of battle or (relatively cheap) reaver will do comparable DPS.
Closed Thread