Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 05-12-2022, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t check Reddit or twitter or Facebook or instagram when I take a dump, I check here and hope we can get another decent real EQ pvp server going, one more time.

Its okay to be too cool for school but I still think you might have some worthwhile insights how a red 2 should be laid out since you’ve played probably every vztz box and red 1 and will have experienced a lot of the custom junk ideas over the years.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:50 AM
Banned

Old 05-13-2022, 03:57 PM
Sarnak

awful thread
Old 05-13-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

Old 05-13-2022, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

First let me say, I think summon corpse should be a thing, if one day we get a server with buildable player cities. I know that's in fairy tale land. But maybe in general, for other ideas, I could see its implementation. IF, it is controlled and concerned of, expansion of its abuse. (Other then, regular use of Necro and Sk.)

It would have to be just like other sell out, awesome ideas that we want, but might be bad. It would have to be like a quest, and made hard to get. Or watered down, so if some how someone in the future says, "I don't like this its too hard change it." and someone listens.

Then hopefully, it doesn't then turn into pay to play, build your own character, and strip the world of getting anything. And someone saying, "Because, what is the point of getting anything in the game, if I can find a reason its dumb?"

Something like a one month free refresh, pay 3,350pp times the level of the character, or if you are under level 40, you can do a long quest (Maybe in another plane zone.) 5 times in your life, from a pvp death. (Like, Preist of Discord says, "Your soul has been cursed since you died. For you are a follower of *Insert characters faction*. Enter into the plane of darkness, and kill as many plagued zombie souls, (Or false followers of the light, if evil.) For until the Gods return to Norrath, the opposing force has littered Purgatory with so many foul souls.)

You have obtained, Redemption of one's soul!

Or some other cool idea that involves control and limitation, that I can't think of.

DD's

Should always land for 70-100% of dmg. Regardless of resists based on level.

This would be important but hard to implement perfectly without hurting feelings, or justifiably hurting feelings. So same thing as above. We need a cool idea that involves control and limitation. In pvp that by itself might be fine. Also, insane programing would be nice to avoid, for the space mission to the Mars colony. Unnecessary slowing down of systems its not Capitalizable.

Maybe something like in pvp always lands 60-100% of damage, under 55. Calculable to, under 150 resists. For every 10 resists over 150 a bonus activates. Either chance to miss, or person with higher resist, their spells do more damage. But that would be annoying to take away, plus to spell damage items. Might not be perfect completed idea.

Also if you hit a zone line you should bounce back 5 feet and be stunned for 5 seconds if you have been in pvp within 1 minute.

Sounds good, may be improved with the objective of control and limitation. Not necessarily control and limitation of how many times. But sounds good so far and I can't think of an improvement right now.

Mobs shouldn't cause EXP death on pvp servers and corpses summoners should be available in the major cities with a 1 hr cooldown.

Not causing exp death would be nice. I imagine it's a programming nightmare to either prevent pvp death or pve death. And as stated above, I don't want to intensify that hard programming problem.

But I still think it would be cool to find an idea to solve it. Something like, if you have been in a group for 25 plus minutes, killing mobs plus 10 levels or bellow your level, a mode activates, upon which pvp death causes no exp loss. Mode does not deactivate if is registered that you died, and half of everyone stays in your group. Unless a player does not get his corpse in 30 minutes. Then their timer is reset.

Mez/charm/ and fear should all behave the same thing in pvp and be very similary to like a 3 second stun. Except the bard one which needs a cooldown per bard on players. Pixie strike or whatever. I guess if 12 bards want to do shenanigains on one player they should be allowed, 1 bard is the most firegiantistfaydarkiest, thing in EQ. Give them full DD dmg in pvp or something.

Sounds good. Always does 3 second of whatever effect. Or at the very least, if that's complicated programing, does 3 second stun to someone with immunity or is 20 levels above.

And as for the last point. Maybe give Ranger a bow chance to hit passive, from character start ability. At low level ability is trash but, unchanged at high level is good.

35% of the time, the Arrows from the skill of a Rangers archery, will pierce all those without a Breastplate hardened by the legendary blacksmiths skill, that has been currently lost to Norrath. 15% of the time, to those not wearing a breastplate hardened, a Ranger can hit between the gaps, causing 60 percent unresisted damage, from Armor class. 5% of the time a Ranger's arrow will always hit between the gaps.
Old 05-14-2022, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First let me say, I think summon corpse should be a thing, if one day we get a server with buildable player cities. I know that's in fairy tale land. But maybe in general, for other ideas, I could see its implementation. IF, it is controlled and concerned of, expansion of its abuse. (Other then, regular use of Necro and Sk.)

It would have to be just like other sell out, awesome ideas that we want, but might be bad. It would have to be like a quest, and made hard to get. Or watered down, so if some how someone in the future says, "I don't like this its too hard change it." and someone listens.

Then hopefully, it doesn't then turn into pay to play, build your own character, and strip the world of getting anything. And someone saying, "Because, what is the point of getting anything in the game, if I can find a reason its dumb?"

Something like a one month free refresh, pay 3,350pp times the level of the character, or if you are under level 40, you can do a long quest (Maybe in another plane zone.) 5 times in your life, from a pvp death. (Like, Preist of Discord says, "Your soul has been cursed since you died. For you are a follower of *Insert characters faction*. Enter into the plane of darkness, and kill as many plagued zombie souls, (Or false followers of the light, if evil.) For until the Gods return to Norrath, the opposing force has littered Purgatory with so many foul souls.)

You have obtained, Redemption of one's soul!

Or some other cool idea that involves control and limitation, that I can't think of.
Well the idea is to make ppl feel like risking pvp more, I get wanting to limit corpse rezzez -- maybe instead do a lvl 5 quest so a naked player can grab some rusty weapons or bronze or tarnished and go do a short -- 30 min lvl 30 quest or something to get their corpse summoned back -- it really sucks to be in the hole and then ppl just gate and avoid pvp because they will never get their corpses back if they die in there and are naked --- guilds defending against gankers is cool --- so you want inviduals to take big risks and go after big guilds

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DD's

Should always land for 70-100% of dmg. Regardless of resists based on level.

This would be important but hard to implement perfectly without hurting feelings, or justifiably hurting feelings. So same thing as above. We need a cool idea that involves control and limitation. In pvp that by itself might be fine. Also, insane programing would be nice to avoid, for the space mission to the Mars colony. Unnecessary slowing down of systems its not Capitalizable.

Maybe something like in pvp always lands 60-100% of damage, under 55. Calculable to, under 150 resists. For every 10 resists over 150 a bonus activates. Either chance to miss, or person with higher resist, their spells do more damage. But that would be annoying to take away, plus to spell damage items. Might not be perfect completed idea.
I guess you are saying you don't want low lvl players to get wrekt by casters in pvp so the dmg should scale up with level - i totally agree it shouldnt be too hard to do that now -- high lvls shouldnt be immune to spells either they should have to think twice about and use pumice especially vs DD classes like wizards and clerics so -- i get what your saying -- maybe scale dmg up from lvl 20, starting at 50% dmg - going to 150% dmg at lvl 60 making resists scale the same way so casters can over come higher and higher resist checks at higher lvls and then low lvls can still get by with big resist twinks and be sorta safer -- no one should be immune from dds tho --- and root and blind and cc and stuff should always be somewhat effective so that guilds have a chance to defend against 5 ppl trying to train them

Quote:
Also if you hit a zone line you should bounce back 5 feet and be stunned for 5 seconds if you have been in pvp within 1 minute.

Sounds good, may be improved with the objective of control and limitation. Not necessarily control and limitation of how many times. But sounds good so far and I can't think of an improvement right now.
Thanks!

Quote:
Mobs shouldn't cause EXP death on pvp servers and corpses summoners should be available in the major cities with a 1 hr cooldown.

Not causing exp death would be nice. I imagine it's a programming nightmare to either prevent pvp death or pve death. And as stated above, I don't want to intensify that hard programming problem.

But I still think it would be cool to find an idea to solve it. Something like, if you have been in a group for 25 plus minutes, killing mobs plus 10 levels or bellow your level, a mode activates, upon which pvp death causes no exp loss. Mode does not deactivate if is registered that you died, and half of everyone stays in your group. Unless a player does not get his corpse in 30 minutes. Then their timer is reset.
My idea is to remove it entirely make the server about pvp and who cares about pvE being super duper ungodly hard or scary or time consuming -- running back to corpses and defending camps is still plenty effort and challenging and even just downing mobs is hard sometimes in EQ unless ur a chanter so there's no need to punish players for dying in PvE let PvE become part of the pvp experience that way people can train in snipe a mob and grab their loot -- or train back and forth if they need to etc. Just lets ppl pvp with less harsh griefing -- it's fine to die and go somewhere else it's annoying to lose 72 hrs of play just because a mob killed u in pvp

Quote:
Mez/charm/ and fear should all behave the same thing in pvp and be very similary to like a 3 second stun. Except the bard one which needs a cooldown per bard on players. Pixie strike or whatever. I guess if 12 bards want to do shenanigains on one player they should be allowed, 1 bard is the most firegiantistfaydarkiest, thing in EQ. Give them full DD dmg in pvp or something.

Sounds good. Always does 3 second of whatever effect. Or at the very least, if that's complicated programing, does 3 second stun to someone with immunity or is 20 levels above.
Thanks - my idea for this is so that guilds can defend while they raid and players can't just run in and wreak havoc without a big strategy it makes the server more bluebie, it also attracts more players tho so maybe blue raiders would come over more -- their biggest gripe is they can't raid -- this will make bigger forces nesccessary to fight big raids too

Quote:
And as for the last point. Maybe give Ranger a bow chance to hit passive, from character start ability. At low level ability is trash but, unchanged at high level is good.

35% of the time, the Arrows from the skill of a Rangers archery, will pierce all those without a Breastplate hardened by the legendary blacksmiths skill, that has been currently lost to Norrath. 15% of the time, to those not wearing a breastplate hardened, a Ranger can hit between the gaps, causing 60 percent unresisted damage, from Armor class. 5% of the time a Ranger's arrow will always hit between the gaps.
Yeah, I just think everyone should have some ranged DPS that isn't terrible --- make it dangerous to walk up to a big army of ppl -- rangers should always be the king of the bow though for sure - would be neat if they procced like a DD spell effect from their spell repitiore, could add in some buffs for them, I like how ogres can effectively pvp with bows, I just think it needs some balancing and sharing accross all so that spellcasters can outdps the bows and ogres will still be the kings because they have so much hp ! though with a few tweaks rangers should be able to kill an ogre warrior with a bow most times!

A lot of balancing. Fun to think about tho.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post )
Old 05-14-2022, 10:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-14-2022, 11:17 PM
Banned