Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-21-2021, 03:04 PM
Large Bat

Link does not work
Old 10-21-2021, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warflagon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Link does not work
Latest patch files can be found on the Home page

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2021, 05:17 PM
Large Bat

Yes, i have updated, several times, have even disabled MS firewall/antivirus/etc and reinstalled patch several times afterwards. I have checked every post on this site dating back to 2014, reinstalling the patch is the only solution and I have tried that many many times.

Next step I will try is, with MS firewall/antivirus/ect off, I will delete and reinstall titanium and patch again.

Wish me luck.....
Old 10-23-2021, 11:50 PM
Large Bat

Have reinstalled the patch from the zip as well as unzipped files using Durax all in one.

I have noticed, when I redo the patch v 54, it asks me to run eqemu, eqemu says I'm at 1.81, and need to update to 1.92. I select update, says it does so, then restarts, same issue.

Try again, select do not update, same result.

After reinstall of V54, choose not to run Eqemu, and instead the P1999 launcher, same result, can log in, get to server selection, select and enter any avaialable, and same error.

If you see a "Spell File Out of Date" error, please obtain the latest spell files from http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651 and unzip them into your EverQuest install directory overwriting any old ones.
This link seems to be dead.....Please advise.
Old 10-24-2021, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warflagon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you see a "Spell File Out of Date" error, please obtain the latest spell files from http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651 and unzip them into your EverQuest install directory overwriting any old ones.
This link seems to be dead.....Please advise.
We don't use the .org anymore, we now use .com

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
Old 10-25-2021, 07:25 PM
Large Bat

update:

tried many times again. found this discrepancy;
when right click from desktop and open EQEMU , run as admin, same issue, get to server screen, and spell files outdated.

When right click p1999 with right click and run as admin, get error message, " windows cannot find eqgame.exe.......

When launching from eqemu, says need to patch from .81 to .92, does so, says is good, but asks everytime.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-25-2021, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
update:When right click p1999 with right click and run as admin, get error message, " windows cannot find eqgame.exe.......
You can just edit the desktop launcher to launch the game directly. Just point it to your Everquest directory to launch eqgame.exe with the 'patchme' command. This is what mine looks like:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-26-2021, 10:21 PM
Large Bat

Thank you very much for all the help.
Have altered my desktop shortcut for P1999 per your above.
Run and run as admin, same result, select server, char select, Spell file outdated.
Restarted PC, same.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Thanks for your

Thanks for your recommendations. I will try to resuscitate my entrance
Old 12-04-2022, 10:14 PM
Kobold

To update the spells go to the wiki.project1999 web page and near the top right click on "getting started". Scroll down and click on "Project 1999 Files (V56)." This will download it. Go to your download page on windows and click that file which will open it up so you can see folders and files. Click "Ctrl A" to highlight them then click "Ctrl C" to copy them.

Next: Go to your Project 1999 Folder on the C drive or wherever, double click to open it, double click on "Sony" folder to open it, double click on "EverQuest" folder to open it.

You will see Folder and files now you hit "Ctrl V" to paste the update to your EverQuest game. Now, a window will pop up, click "Replace the files in the destination." And you're good. To see this visually you can check out youtube and El Hefe has a video on it