Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-22-2022, 08:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 itself cannot do too much in terms of custom content.
Have you not played any eqemu servers besides P99? There have been some pretty neat servers with custom content over the years. Me and a few friends played on the re-launch of the "New Freeport" server last year and had a ton of fun and that server was very custom and different from regular EQ. Before that we played on Secrets' "Classless 3.0" server for a while and that was super fun too. Both ended up suffering from the same issue of running out of content and getting kinda boring at the endgame/lack thereof but were both extremely enjoyable for a couple weeks/months. I would go as far as to say both of those servers were probably the most fun I've had playing EQ (or some custom version of EQ) since early P99.

All of that to say: Custom content is 100% possible for P99 if those in charge wanted to do it
Old 04-22-2022, 08:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you not played any eqemu servers besides P99? There have been some pretty neat servers with custom content over the years. Me and a few friends played on the re-launch of the "New Freeport" server last year and had a ton of fun and that server was very custom and different from regular EQ. Before that we played on Secrets' "Classless 3.0" server for a while and that was super fun too. Both ended up suffering from the same issue of running out of content and getting kinda boring at the endgame/lack thereof but were both extremely enjoyable for a couple weeks/months. I would go as far as to say both of those servers were probably the most fun I've had playing EQ (or some custom version of EQ) since early P99.

All of that to say: Custom content is 100% possible for P99 if those in charge wanted to do it
I never said custom content isn't possible[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I said it is limited, which it is. Any custom content on any EQEMU is heavily constrained by the client and existing Everquest game mechanics.
Old 04-22-2022, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said custom content isn't possible[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I said it is limited, which it is. Any custom content on any EQEMU is heavily constrained by the client and existing Everquest game mechanics.
I mean I guess you're technically correct if you want to split hairs but it's far less limited than your initial post made it sound imo. I've seen plenty of cool custom stuff that's much cooler than "meh at best". I don't think it's anything P99 will ever do or have any interest in doing but to imply it somehow couldn't be done or wouldn't be possible to make something super cool is a bit silly.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean I guess you're technically correct if you want to split hairs but it's far less limited than your initial post made it sound imo. I've seen plenty of cool custom stuff that's much cooler than "meh at best". I don't think it's anything P99 will ever do or have any interest in doing but to imply it somehow couldn't be done or wouldn't be possible to make something super cool is a bit silly.
I am not splitting hairs, just stating a fact. Of course they can add new quests, dialogue, etc. But chances are it is going to be "meh at best", because most custom content on most EQEMU servers is meh. It's not easy to make new quests, dialogue, etc. that are good and work within the additional constraints of trying to keep P99 within the 1999-2002 timeline.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

he will keep replying for like 40 more pages, hope that helps.
Old 04-22-2022, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
he will keep replying for like 40 more pages, hope that helps.
He will keep bragging about an item that is worst than the bag/bank slot it sits in. Hope this helps[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-22-2022, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

I remember Braknar making a Halloween event a few years back. He spent significant time on it, but the player base shat all over his event because the players here are a bunch of spoiled man-children.

It's a shock they haven't done anything else since then.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

The best way to do EQ is to actually get off on the people that youve upset.
Old 04-22-2022, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best way to do EQ is to actually get off on the people that youve upset.
So, being Chortles = peak EQ
Old 04-22-2022, 11:50 PM
Planar Protector

peak eq is what happened last week [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]