Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-29-2022, 07:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaqua [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Monk epic is superamazing, instaclicky atk/ac/Spell Haste (Link it with FK for convenience) and by miles best in slot (until elemental gear in pop). Also doesn’t block weapon progress since it’s hands slot.
It’s honestly dumb how favored monks were in this era. And I played one on live but looking back it’s like some dev had a real hard on for them. There was absolutely no need to give them a glove slot clicky haste. It would have been totally fair to make it just a weapon with worn haste.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guess i should've specified, for soloing. because thats what i do 99% of the time i play

if shaman epic is strong for that purpose, then i think you have to rank the necro and druid epics as along the same level more or less, no?

does the mage epic significantly alter its soloing ability? i feel like an earth-staff focused 57 earth pet would be in some ways better for that chain summoning solo strategy and also to deal with adds

i agree paladin epic sucks....it just looks cool. doubt it really changes soloing much either
They are all excellent for soloing, with maybe cleric being the worst there. Not sure how I'd rank it solo wise instead of overall, mage epic doesn't significantly alter solo ability, but the way one plays is significantly altered. Epic is way better then focused earth, but it would be fun to be able to have both!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 09-29-2022, 09:18 PM
Fire Giant

For soloing,enchanter epic is handy but not game changing at all. Really good stat stick
For raids,it's amazing. Particularly on wipes and low enchanter situations,gets everything moving much faster
Old 09-29-2022, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
guess i should've specified, for soloing. because thats what i do 99% of the time i play

if shaman epic is strong for that purpose, then i think you have to rank the necro and druid epics as along the same level more or less, no?

does the mage epic significantly alter its soloing ability? i feel like an earth-staff focused 57 earth pet would be in some ways better for that chain summoning solo strategy and also to deal with adds

i agree paladin epic sucks....it just looks cool. doubt it really changes soloing much either
Monk epic. If you have a 2k fbss or free sky belt you have 62% haste at all times. Great stats, glove slot. Most useful solo item for a monk, but shaman is more powerful solo with epic. Shaman at 60 can kill almost anything, as long as you have time to kill it. (Cliff golems, for instance)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

In terms of soloing shaman, druid, monk, necro are up there. Wizard epic is up there if you have mannastone, mage epic helps but it doesn't change much for them. Downside for mage epic soloing is the CD on recasting it.
Old 09-29-2022, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For soloing,enchanter epic is handy but not game changing at all. Really good stat stick
For raids,it's amazing. Particularly on wipes and low enchanter situations,gets everything moving much faster
Part of the reason I picked the class, knew I was never gonna get an epic
Old 09-30-2022, 06:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Part of the reason I picked the class, knew I was never gonna get an epic
The epic has 16pcs and 13 of them arent bad at all
The other 3 can be pretty rough
I'm glad I did it, a lot of it was pretty fun.
Really only vessel was bad,and it felt amazing finally killing him.
With the current quake meta, he's often not socked at all so it's very possible to get a natural spawn.
If your ever interested I will show you the ropes, how it's done/where to bind etc
Old 09-30-2022, 08:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Absolutely no other epix on p99 compares to clerics
Old 09-30-2022, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

The only weapon u need is a trusty dwarven battle axe. Anything else is just for milk drinkers
Old 09-30-2022, 10:03 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

The druid epic definitely helps in soloing, but given that it's a 3 minute long DoT, it's about half as good as the shaman and necro epics that do similar damage in half the time.

I wouldn't necessarily say its a game changer though, I never felt like it opened up opportunities for me I didn't already have, just made root rotting mobs easier.