Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 10-25-2022, 01:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozkyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the channeling isn't classic? Anything else?

Edit: I'm asking bc I never played a chanter on live and wondering what the issue is here
What he said and supposedly Charisma isn't supposed to make charming better, people have been saying constantly that charming in original EQ wasn't reliable for Enchanters so they leveled up in groups, compared to here where they can just charm OP NPC's and solo content they shouldn't, they are basically playing with cheats on.
Old 10-25-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozkyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So the channeling isn't classic? Anything else?

Edit: I'm asking bc I never played a chanter on live and wondering what the issue is here
I am a lazy bastard, so I'm not going to find them for you ... but there are (literally) 80+ page threads on this very topic. Search, and you should be able to find them.

In them, much smarter people than I (like classic researcher Dolalin, who I mentioned before) have laid out the various Enchanter-related things which are known to be unclassic, because of classic evidence they found (eg. Wayback Machine archives of old EQ fan pages).

But, to find the good stuff from the classic researchers, you'll have to wade through quite a few pages of idiots like myself arguing about whether Enchanters are classic or not. So, instead, you might want to just go to the bug forum directly, and look for the individual bug reports filed by those researchers.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-25-2022, 03:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuminjo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What he said and supposedly Charisma isn't supposed to make charming better, people have been saying constantly that charming in original EQ wasn't reliable for Enchanters so they leveled up in groups, compared to here where they can just charm OP NPC's and solo content they shouldn't, they are basically playing with cheats on.
Charisma does not effect charm ticks. it only is part of the roll on initial cast. only level difference and MR are part of the continual roll.
Old 10-25-2022, 04:21 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma does not effect charm ticks. it only is part of the roll on initial cast. only level difference and MR are part of the continual roll.
You are moving the goalpost now and Charisma should not affect anything at all, that is why most of the people playing Enchanters were saying they now would gear just health and other stats.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujuminjo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are moving the goalpost now and Charisma should not affect anything at all, that is why most of the people playing Enchanters were saying they now would gear just health and other stats.
Charisma does heavily e impact critical resist roll on pacify resist. Not sure if it’s classic or not because I was a dumb kid who only knew how to play melee in 2000
Old 10-25-2022, 06:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
The only ones crying are people like you that said you were going to stop playing if they actually corrected Enchanters.
Maybe if you make a post crying about it on every possible forum here it still won’t happen

Lol keep holding your breath waiting
Old 10-25-2022, 08:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe if you make a post crying about it on every possible forum here it still won’t happen

Lol keep holding your breath waiting
How does it feel to know all you have done as an enchanter is due to a cheat?

All this Enchanter mains thinking they were actually good at the game when we all fucking knew this behavior was bogus as fuck, and then they start crying on the forums "they will quit" if they make the change to make Enchanters work as they should, turns out his clowns didn't wanted classic EQ they wanted a cheat version of it.
Old 10-25-2022, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
How does it feel to know all you have done as an enchanter is due to a cheat?

All this Enchanter mains thinking they were actually good at the game when we all fucking knew this behavior was bogus as fuck
I know I am not that good at this game. In fact, I actually need your help

I've had this simply RAVISHING pet charmed for what feels like forever now. I've already killed all the mobs around with him, exploited him to get all the exp and loots I could want...but charm simply will not fade for some reason. I don't get it

I've tried hitting the Go Away button in the pet window but that didn't work. I even tried going AFK for a bit, went and made a sandwich which took ~10 minutes, came back and he was still patiently waiting for me. I'm sick of this guy, and want a newer, stronger, more overpowered pet to take his place now

Can you help me figure out how to make charm go away? No rush in getting back to me, I'm sure he'll still be here charmed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0 a ravishing.jpg (93.9 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by unsunghero; 10-25-2022 at 10:36 PM..
Old 10-25-2022, 11:12 PM
Orc

EnCHEATER
Old 10-26-2022, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

They’ll be fixed before red 2.0 drops.
Lost but not forgotten.