Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 11-06-2022, 09:15 AM
Aviak

Default Does blind count as fear for dot damage?

Was thinking about snagging one of these to use when chant kiting - idea would be to fear kite til it procs, then back off and use chant dots for lazy soloing.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Wrapped..._Serpent_Spine

Would the blind status, with the mob running around wildly, have the full dot damage running?
Old 11-06-2022, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

I'd already tried this a while back, mob takes less damage. Posted on bug forum just in case it's not supposed to be doing that

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=402673
Old 11-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Memories are crap, but from what I remember of playing Loramin on live, this is working as intended.

If blind did equate to fear on live, Shaman like me would have been DoTing and blinding elephants across the Karanas (but we weren't).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

It only fears if not in melee range. I would pass on the concept. Your chants are going to do way less damage without a drum. I’d just practice fear range so you take less damage and keep all the dots rolling.
Old 11-06-2022, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

I swear I had read that ranger bow shots did full damage to mobs in the blind/fear state because it's not rooted or running, shame that dots don't follow that if it's true.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If blind did equate to fear on live, Shaman like me would have been DoTing and blinding elephants across the Karanas (but we weren't).
You didn't have snare so not sure it would have made sense to do it.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It only fears if not in melee range. I would pass on the concept. Your chants are going to do way less damage without a drum. I’d just practice fear range so you take less damage and keep all the dots rolling.
The point is if I don't have to roll fear I can roll an additional dot - plus i wouldn't have to run into melee range to land the PBAOE fear
Old 11-06-2022, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

It still works, just not full damage.. convenience factor by not running in circles doing a regular chant kite.

Could also "charm rot", chant chant chant charm /pet guard. 3 ticks of full damage give or take.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't have snare so not sure it would have made sense to do it.
It doesn't matter, snare or no. A way to do full DoT damage without taking any damage would be awesome if it worked ... but, again, it doesn't work.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-06-2022, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

The only thing a WESS is good for in 2022 is a belt with MR.

Best case your hoping for proc RNG and having to swap back to a drum. If you roll snare, fear, and two chants your gimping DPS for an 11/23 weapon. You selos is gimped if things go poorly.

In most cases you can land snare/fear, and all three chants before snare wears off. Not sure what else to mix in. Even if snare or fear fades for a fraction of a second it’s quicker kill speed.