Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-24-2022, 04:00 PM
Large Rat

Default In-game spoken language choice: client-server mismatch

I have a level 16 human Freeport enchanter I've been slowly but surely soloing up on the last few weeks.

Early in this character's existence I was randomly monkeying around with various Skills, playing around with and discovering things in the UI, etc., anything that piqued my curiosity.

One of which was switching the spoken in-game language. I did this when I was maybe level 2, 3, maybe 4, where after a visit to the GM trainer I had 1 point in Erudin language, making it was choosable in the UI. So I played with that for a few minutes, nobody could understand me in /say, switched back to Common Tongue and that was that, or so I thought.

I guess I don't use /say often but I've noticed recently, when I do, people still tell me I'm "talking gibberish". The UI shows the asterisk next to "Common" in the chat box's language selection, indicating that's my current /say language, yet I have to manually re-click Common in order to actually talk in Common again. I've never had someone tell me I'm speaking gibberish in /ooc or direct /tells, so I assume this probably affects "role-playish" chat commands like /say and /shout.

This has happened several times, as if the client and server have a mismatched understanding as to what language I want my character to talk in, but the client always reports to me that it's already Common. I can't seem to pinpoint when it resets back to (presumably) Erudin or one of the other in-game languages, it seems probable that it happens whenever I zone or any time I log on/off.