Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-29-2022, 08:28 PM
Skeleton

I am on green right now, I rolled an Ogre because I kind of remember the town and outside area a little. Plus, lots of stam and str. My name is Klung and I just hit level 6 trying to farm up those mystic dolls for the shaman off hand xD only one to go!
Old 11-30-2022, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

3 levels til spirit of wolf!
Old 11-30-2022, 11:46 AM
Sarnak

Shaman is welcome in groups and solid soloer. With Heals, Slow, haste, stat buffs, root CC.
Necro is amazing solo but many are not aware of how amazing in groups they can be (especially non-prototypical groups). Necro can DPS, heal, CC (mez, root & fear), split pull, pump mana, look like a skele? and do other cool stuff I’m forgetting.

Both are fun. Shaman can be hard in middle levels if you don’t have gear (but totally doable if you’re grouping) Necro is pretty smooth all the way up.
Old 11-30-2022, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Klung..

Great Ogre name.
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 12-02-2022, 03:20 AM
Skeleton

I've been jumping a few characters (as I am an altaholic) and I enjoy the Shadowknight and paladin as well. I was thinking about trying out a Magician but I read through the forums they have the short end of the stick in the velious release?

I'm going to try the paladin a little more tonight (I mean, all I can really do is swing my sword until level 6 for bash, and then level 9 for spells, and heal myself once in a while) But I am liking how the two handers feel. I wonder if it would be decent running my shaman with a two hander? I might try that tomorrow night.

Edit: I'm going to see if I can even train two handers on my shaman, maybe I'll do that tonight instead xD
Last edited by PerplexedPurplePixel; 12-02-2022 at 03:24 AM..
Old 12-02-2022, 05:41 PM
Skeleton

Sorry just a quick update, I went back to the shaman, and decided not to go two handed after all. I'll save that for a different character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just hit level 7 and I somehow (I guess a weird random drop of the medicine bag?) got my magic necklace initiate of rallos zek (spelling?) and that permanent yaulp is awesome! I'm going to look into where to go to fight next soon, I don't think I've ever gotten an ogre outside of the beginner area xD
Old 12-03-2022, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerplexedPurplePixel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry just a quick update, I went back to the shaman, and decided not to go two handed after all. I'll save that for a different character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just hit level 7 and I somehow (I guess a weird random drop of the medicine bag?) got my magic necklace initiate of rallos zek (spelling?) and that permanent yaulp is awesome! I'm going to look into where to go to fight next soon, I don't think I've ever gotten an ogre outside of the beginner area xD
East Commons can be a fun place to level up but I forget the level range there (it's not high)

Run to the east commons tunnel and ask for buffs and you can get buffed to the gills by high level player traders there and go wreck some orcs or willowisps (if you have a magic weap)

Sometimes (probably more often on blue than green) people will give away mediocre magic items to noobs in EC as well
Old 12-03-2022, 04:27 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
East Commons can be a fun place to level up but I forget the level range there (it's not high)

Run to the east commons tunnel and ask for buffs and you can get buffed to the gills by high level player traders there and go wreck some orcs or willowisps (if you have a magic weap)

Sometimes (probably more often on blue than green) people will give away mediocre magic items to noobs in EC as well
Thank you for the tip! Truth be told, I stick with a game a lot longer if I earn the items or gold (in this case plat) myself to buy it. When I get free stuff, even lower level trash stuff, I feel like I'm cheating myself lol. Now, buffs I don't mind, Since its only temporary and I'm still (somewhat) earning what I find.

However, I really gotta figure out what I want to stick with. After I got to 7 on shaman I dunno its cool but I'm not really feeling it totally. Like I'll go back to it and play a level here and there but its not something I'm sticking with.

I made an iskar necro, and it feels OP compared to the gnome necro I made a few days ago. Plus, knowing that everything is going to be out to kill you is better then being a gnome and wondering 'I wonder if I can approach this guy' and then getting two shot xD

That being said, I'd really like it if I could do necro, but also not be kos. So, I was thinking about trying a mage. I know its sub-optimal, but it might be my best bet. I'd like to explore norrath as much as possible (at least on the good side) as I said, I never really got too far into the game when I played it back in the old days, so going a few places and being able to enjoy the scenery without being kos might be a great experience. Maybe after learning a few things (like best places to farm etc) I can try an evil Necro and upgrade my playing experience.

I'm just tossing things out now. I also have played a ogre SK to level 4, and a human pally to like 3. Like I said in the last post, I like how two handers feel, and I like how I'm actually a force to reckon with in melee (even if I don't get spells in either until level 9). I kind of want to try pally more also because I heard it can out-solo an SK. Plus you know, being able to go to good towns and explore.

I might be way too much of an alt-aholic xD I have a serious problem! lol. Anyway, I guess I'm going to try to get to level 4 to get a pet with a mage (probably erudite) see how I like that before I decide.

Edit: Though truth be told I really like how the SK gets a pet (even a lower level one) compared to nada with the paladin, but I think being able to explore is a better pro.
Last edited by PerplexedPurplePixel; 12-03-2022 at 04:37 PM..
Old 12-03-2022, 09:49 PM
Skeleton

I can't edit my post again, just wanted to say I was tossing around the idea of a bard too. I know its more active than any other class with button clicking, but I dunno, worth a shot?
Old 12-03-2022, 10:24 PM
Sarnak

If you want to be able to go everywhere and explore, a druid is a nice choice for SoW plus self-ports starting at 19. It's got a playstyle that's a little bit of every other caster's offensive capabilities (charm, quad, nuke, dot, damage shield), plus snare and root.

But really, none of the classes come into their own until the teens, so playing an alt to level 4 or 5 isn't really going to tell you much about how it'll play at higher levels.