Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-01-2022, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

I make a new section for each type of spell then just add the new ranks to the appropriate section. Also use macros to easily get to each section like "FR DoT" /book 34, etc..

On my enc specifically I have the first pages 1-2 as my combat swaps and then buff swaps on page 3-4 so I don't have to go hunting.
Old 12-02-2022, 02:24 AM
Kobold

For me, spells that go in the spell bar after a death and stay there until the next death go on pages 5-6. Spells that I frequently want to swap in but don't want a permanent slot go on pages 1-2. Spells that I sometimes use on occasion go on pages 3-4.
Old 12-02-2022, 03:14 AM
Kobold

With my bard I like to keep them in order of when I received them but I think you can only get away with that with a bard.

With my casters I do the same thing that El-Hefe does. My first page is my main 8 spells in the same order that I mem then with my top spell being the spell needed to refresh the quickest. The second page has the often used situational spells. My third page is all buffs (shaman and druid) with my fourth or fifth page being resist buffs.

I've seen some streamers play enchanters with all the similar spells in a line on the same page and I think if it works for them great but I'd hate to have to find a spell quickly with that set up. Maybe that's an enchanter thing where they try to get away with using the earlier cheaper spells rather then newest more expensive (mana) spells.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:00 AM
Fire Giant

I organize my druid spells but in a very different fashion. Frankly, druids have an easier time of doing so than necro IMO. Basically the first 3 or 4 pages are all spells that I use, based onf requency. Page 1 for example is my typical spell bar set up-- Snare, Dot, Dot, Nuke, Root, Heal, <I forget> and always GATE. that way when it comes time to mem I dont have to think about what I'm clicking.

Page two are the most common buffs. From top to bottom in order of duration. So starting with the self only DS, then SLN, STR, Sow etc etc all the way down to Regen and DS on slot 7, 8.

Then I go onto the resist buffs, all taking up the top left corner of page 3, page 4 is all group buffs etc. Beyond that are things seldom used, like firefist, enduring breath etc. Everything ordered by how often it's used, and the slot it will occupy on my bar.

The only weird thing I guess I do is the EXACT MIDDLE of my spellbook is where all my ports are, 2 pages for the self only ports -- in the order I received them, the middle pages all succors and evacs, and the last 2 pages of ports all the group stuff. and the last several pages are the spells I have outgrown, again, in order of the level I received them.. so if I ever want to skim to the back to grab the lvl 1 dot (say for faction tagging) or go down 1 tier for a lower heal (saving mana healing low lvls) , it is done very easily with minimal effort.

The biggest issue I have with necro is that they have SO MANY spells that are situationally useful. I feel like they have twice as many spells as the druid, many of them unique, whereas druids just get constant upgrades to a line of spells they already have-- only seldom introducing something completely new. That coupled witht he fact that I am not intimiately familiar with necromancers, and thus don't have quite hte knowledge of what there spells are (then consider the fact that their spells are sometimes vaguely named) makes doing this as a necro MUCH more difficult and is one of the reasons I kind of gave up @ lv20.
Last edited by Xer0; 12-07-2022 at 06:10 AM..
Old 12-13-2022, 07:38 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you. you have done a lot of work. it will be useful to me
Old 12-29-2022, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Im super weird and I put them exactly in the order they are on the wiki/order recieved. Its not the ideal way for a single person to have their own most used spells up front, but across hundreds of characters it always keeps me able to find what I need as fast as possible since I know every spell by heart in the game in the order they are received
Old 01-13-2023, 05:53 PM
Orc

Pages 1 and 2 are my "Group Load" Spells for Necro. These are ones I will need to start encounters and quickly swap gem slots for during an encounter. Think your heal, twitch, HP DoT, Lich DD, Regular DD, Root, Mez, Pet, Pet Recall, DMF, Self Shield, Lich, Charm

Pages 3 and 4 are my "Solo Load" Spells for Necro. Stackable DoTs of the highest magnitude, but then also some of the lower levels that do the job for the same mana efficiency. Dooming Darkness, Vampiric Curse, Venom of the Snake, Call of Bones (4 Travel and Selling), Invis, Fears

Pages 4 and 5 are my "Undead, Specialty & Junk Buffs with Lvl 1 Skillers" Kind of the catch all after all the undead spells are in order. Stuff like Bind Affinity and Endure Cold, Steelskin, Manaskin, Locate Corpse stuff go here.

Any spell that becomes obsolete, Old pets old pet buffs - Go to page 50 and work backwards
Old 01-13-2023, 06:23 PM
Banned

Just put your spells in the book

goddamn

(sorry, I have a headache and I didn't get the invoicing out...)
Old 02-06-2023, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pages 1 and 2 are my "Group Load" Spells for Necro. These are ones I will need to start encounters and quickly swap gem slots for during an encounter. Think your heal, twitch, HP DoT, Lich DD, Regular DD, Root, Mez, Pet, Pet Recall, DMF, Self Shield, Lich, Charm

Pages 3 and 4 are my "Solo Load" Spells for Necro. Stackable DoTs of the highest magnitude, but then also some of the lower levels that do the job for the same mana efficiency. Dooming Darkness, Vampiric Curse, Venom of the Snake, Call of Bones (4 Travel and Selling), Invis, Fears

Pages 4 and 5 are my "Undead, Specialty & Junk Buffs with Lvl 1 Skillers" Kind of the catch all after all the undead spells are in order. Stuff like Bind Affinity and Endure Cold, Steelskin, Manaskin, Locate Corpse stuff go here.

Any spell that becomes obsolete, Old pets old pet buffs - Go to page 50 and work backwards
Smart way to do it.

1 and 2 are spells i switch often or buffs. Clerics get a lot of buff lines so 3-4 is those also. Heals/rez on the next set.

Then I organize by line and usually keep 1 or 2 of the previous ranks nexto eachother. I have a page for pulling and cc on my clr with stuns lulls atone and lvl 1 strike spell.

All the old spells are organized in groups in the very back going low to highest.

U can hotkey pages like /book 50