Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Default Most and Least useful Epic weapons?

All the epic weapons are pretty cool in their own way and I'm sure everyone playing their respective classes would like to have their epic but some epic weapons are so class defining they have no equal or alternative. Cleric epic comes to mind.

There is also the element of epic weapon quest difficulty. The difficulty in obtaining each classes weapon are vastly different so there is also the element of whether the usefulness of the weapon is worth the effort to get it. Mage epic comes to mind.

So with all that being said I have two questions for people:

1) What classes do people think the epic weapon is either so hard it's not worth the effort and/or there is another weapon alternative that makes the effort not worthwhile (aside from the satisfaction of completing it of course)?

2) Which epic weapons do people think are absolutely necessary to perform the class role effectively? (I know some will say it depends if you raid etc..so just assume a casual type of gameplay style with dungeons/grouping being the focus but maybe some light raiding.)
Old 12-21-2019, 07:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1) What classes do people think the epic weapon is either so hard it's not worth the effort and/or there is another weapon alternative that makes the effort not worthwhile (aside from the satisfaction of completing it of course)?
Every epic is worth the effort, but some are more worth it than others. Necro epic is underwhelming considering the effort, and the availability of a better click in VP, but every other epic is a stat bonanza. Mage epic makes people cry because of the Earth Staff, but it's an exceptional item. Bard epic literally changes the way you play the game. Warrior epic gives some of the best agro in the game. Enchanter is a little underwhelming, but has incredible stats. Most epics are BIS or close enough to it that it doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZBallzz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2) Which epic weapons do people think are absolutely necessary to perform the class role effectively? (I know some will say it depends if you raid etc..so just assume a casual type of gameplay style with dungeons/grouping being the focus but maybe some light raiding.)
Cleric epic is the single most important item for the end game. CH is also the single most important spell in the game. It makes everything else possible. Everything else is an afterthought. Warrior is great, bard is great, monk, rogue, shaman, etc. are all great items.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

The bard epic is the most godlike epic beyond epicness with a huge gap between it and anything else there is. All bards should be striving to obtain it to completely change how they play the game. The cleric epic and mage epic are next in stupid powerfulness.

Most other epics are pretty damn cool and awesome, minus the druid and necro epics, which are neat toys for little more then masturbation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Monk and Rogue epics are so easy to do that everyone will have them.

The Paladin epic probably looks the best ;D Also its sort of the most iconic epic, and is sort of the first one that goes into the game.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:15 PM
Banned

Shaman epic is cool because you can buy it from some guild and go on a really awkward impersonal raid with a bunch of strangers who are being paid to help you do it.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Wizard epic has the most thought out effect in my opinion. A free skin spell with a mana regen component is exactly what wizards needed. The only other thing to do would have been a free nuke. I think they were afraid to give wizards a free nuke, but then added a bunch in Velious so who knows /shrug.

The difference in playing a wizard with epic and without is pretty huge. It's also easy to do after the Velious revamp. It has saved me from dying hundreds of times.

Mage epic is the one that bothers me the most. They give the most powerful, class defining pet to a quest that is almost impossible to finish. It should have been a level 60 spell, or added in Velious as a spell and given a different effect. A clicky root nuke or dot would have been appropriate I think.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 12-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

I mean that’s such an open question, raiding? Soloing? For xp? For farming? For one group content?

For general best, bard hands down. It transforms what the class can do.
Raiding: cleric
Xp: shaman
Farming: shaman

For the most part epics are irrelevant except cleric. Now you can offhand the red blade the war epic is nice if VP and NTOv is out of reach. It’s a nice high HP reasonable aggro offhand, and BIS dps offhand with blue blade. It’s a dogshit mainhand compared to feverblade though.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:48 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage epic is the one that bothers me the most. They give the most powerful, class defining pet to a quest that is almost impossible to finish. It should have been a level 60 spell, or added in Velious as a spell and given a different effect. A clicky root nuke or dot would have been appropriate I think.
The mage epic quest destroyed my desire to play my mage back in Classic. I had to farm burning embers for something like 53 hours before they finally dropped, and then I killed Innoruuk and, later when it moved, the Magi more than 20 times combined without ever seeing a staff drop. It was just so goddamn frustrating knowing that my class-defining ability was impossible for me to obtain that I couldn't enjoy the character anymore. I ended up sinking all my savings into a shaman twink and discovering that I liked that class more anyway.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:45 PM
Sarnak

Why is Bard so good? How does it change the way you play?
Old 12-21-2019, 10:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It procs a haste so you don't sing haste anymore. It acts as an instrument while also being a weapon so you can melee without having no modifier for your songs. It modifies songs that normal instruments can't modify ("singing" songs). Besides the amazing stats.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No more need to instrument swap I'm pretty sure? Since epic acts as a instrument modifier and weapon. As a rogue grouping with epic bards, i love when the weapon procs and you and every other melee swing like wild madmen for a handful of seconds.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread