Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-16-2014, 11:35 AM
Kobold

Default Classic feature /guildwar is not functional

The /guildwar command should allow a guild leader to declare war against another guild. The guild leader of the other guild can choose to accept or decline the /guildwar, similar to a /duel.

Command syntax:

/guildwar <opposing guild leader's name> <duration in days>
Challenges another guild to a guild war, that lasts for the number of days specified. The same command must be issued in response by the opposing guild leader to accept the guildwar.

/guildpeace <opposing guild leader's name>
This command will either decline the guildwar request, or cancel the active guildwar.

(source: Prima Kunark Strategy Guide page 38)

Potential research needed:
  • Level restrictions? (I don't believe there are any)
  • Looting rules? (Again, I don't believe any looting is possible similar to /duel)
  • Messages received by guild leaders when challenge is placed, challenge is accepted, challenge is declined, active guildwar is cancelled. Also, is there a guildwide message displayed when any of these events occur?
  • Do the two guild leaders need to be in the same zone when these commands are issued, or do they work worldwide?

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, or is willing to contribute, please do so! This is a fun feature of the game that has been missing for way too long now!

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure the coding is screwed up somewhere and they cant fix it. Thats why its not active.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

pretty sure they could fix it, since they seem to be able to specify any kind of pvp ruleset that they desire on red
Old 10-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Rogean had a 2010 thread about it: http://cdn.project1999.com/forums/sh...t=16314&page=3

He has some great ideas:
Quote:
The majority of people using this command will be people that raid in a normal non-guildwar'd guild for a few hours a day, then hop into a secondary guildwar guild during the rest of their play time. I want to support this play style while at the same time make it non-abusable. This means that there will be no locks or timers on guild invites and whatnot.

Currently my ideas are:

You will remain pvp towards opposing guilds even after guildremoving.. they will still show up red to you and you will still show up red to them. If you join a guild immedietely afterwards, you will also inherit that guild's guildwar flags (So potentially you could be pvp'able to both your current guild and former guild). I'm still unsure how we want to handle guild invites though, as it would then be easy to gather several people, give them invite windows, then all accept at once to gank someone. Looking at ideas for that.

I'm also considering making it so that immedietely after dieing you will not be pvp flagged. Until when I'm not sure, probably either zoning or looting your corpse and then zoning. This will prevent two things.. one, not getting bind camped, and two, not bind rushing.
Quote:
There won't be any looting.

I'm thinking of creating some statistics though, and like leaderboards and such on the website.
At the end of the thread he links to his "Guildwar 2.0" thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=16360

A poll shows overwhelming support of /guildwar

Quote:
Guildwar System.

First off, This is a proposal. I want to get opinions on the system. I won't spend the time implimenting this if theres not a decent amount of people that would like to use it. I also don't think that a 'vanilla' /guildwar command would really work out either, so this is why I've come up with these mechanics.

Initiation
A guild leader will target any member of another guild and type /guildwar. That guild's officers and leader will get a notice notifying them of the proposed guildwar. Once a /guildwar offer is made, it will stay until either accepted or declined by the second guild, or withdrawn by the first guild.

A guild may decline or withdraw a Guildwar offer by targetting any member of the other guild and typing /guildpeace.

Warring
Once a guildwar has been accepted, all members of each guild will immedietely see the opposite guild as PvP Enabled (Red Name) Players, and may attack them.

Any offensive action done between two opposing players will set a 5 minute flag on both players that prevents them from being affected by benificial buffs from anyone outside their guild.

Death
Upon dying to an opposing warring guild's member, you will be exempted from any guildwar participation (including assisting fellow guildmembers with the 5 minute flag). This exemption will be removed exactly 1 minute after a loot session on any of your own corpses concludes (When you "stand up" from the corpse), or 10 minutes, whichever comes last.

Guildremoval
/Guildremoving yourself will not prevent you from participating in a guildwar fight until you zone.

Guildinvites
You must wait 15 minutes after joining a guild in a guildwar before being able to participate.

Guildpeace
A guildwar must last a minimum of 24 hours before being ended. To end a guildwar, either guild's leader can target an opposing guild's member and type /guildpeace. The guildwar will then end 1 hour after the guildpeace command is executed.

Rewards/Incentives
I'm taking suggestions on what to do for incentives to participate in PvP. There will never be any coin or loot rewards. I've been thinking of a leaderboard/point/score system with rankings on the website, but I'm looking for more ideas. Obviously any system like this would require checks in place to prevent people from benefiting off killing friends/alts.
The thread is locked with no thread-closing statement by him

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 10-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Kobold

Thanks for digging that up Toolshed, I wasn't aware that there had already been so much discussion on this topic.

I have to say though, I'm pretty surprised that Rogean was considering such a custom, non-classic implementation of the whole /guildwar mechanic. I understand that what he was looking to do was prevent any potential abuse of the guildwar while still promoting PVP, but I don't think that is truly necessary. In my opinion, if a guild is abusing the /guildwar mechanics, don't do a /guildwar with them. Simple enough.

Also worth noting, that entire discussion took place before the Red server was up and running, so from that point of view they may have been discussing things as if this /guildwar implementation was going to be the primary outlet for PVP. With the existence of Red, I don't think this is the case anymore.

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 10-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Banned

Would love to TRY classic pvp before we tore it down for custom stuff.
Old 10-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for digging that up Toolshed, I wasn't aware that there had already been so much discussion on this topic.

I have to say though, I'm pretty surprised that Rogean was considering such a custom, non-classic implementation of the whole /guildwar mechanic. I understand that what he was looking to do was prevent any potential abuse of the guildwar while still promoting PVP, but I don't think that is truly necessary. In my opinion, if a guild is abusing the /guildwar mechanics, don't do a /guildwar with them. Simple enough.

Also worth noting, that entire discussion took place before the Red server was up and running, so from that point of view they may have been discussing things as if this /guildwar implementation was going to be the primary outlet for PVP. With the existence of Red, I don't think this is the case anymore.
I think it is very interesting the direction he wanted to take it.

Although I would like a little bit more of a hands-off approach to this content being re-enabled, I think something like a leaderboard could really add some flare to a classic feature

Old 10-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Kobold

Interesting read. (Prima Guide)

shows this on corpses

Quote:
How long will my corpse last?

All Levels
If you have no items on your corpse, it will disappear within 3 minutes.
Level 1-5
Corpse will disappear within 30 minutes (real time) whether online or offline.
Level 6+
Corpse will disappear within 24 hours if you are online (being at the Character Select screen still counts as online). Corpses will disappear at the end of 1 week if you are offline.

Note: The amount of time you spend online,while a corpse is decaying, will be proportionally subtracted from the amount of offline time available. For example, if you are online for 12 of the 24 hours, your corpse will have 3 days and 12 hours of offline time (half of one week)available to it.
Guess that would just be a hassle though since gm's restore corpses here
Old 10-28-2014, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Bumping for visibility

P99:
Nubben, Level 16 Rogue
Old 10-28-2014, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Huge news, a developer has responded in this thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a few things on my list first. But I will try to look at getting a functional /guildwar.

H