Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its 23% of your possible maximun starting mana pool for a cleric (25 points) ..............for an unknown percentage bonus of problably 2-5% toward your one spell line for a function you will be doing the least amount of time playing your healing class, pulling.

One is easily gained through items rotting on the fucking ground at lvl 1 (Charisma,and I can think of 2 that get you to +20 off the top of my head ) and the other (Wisdom) doesnt have an item in game to replace that lost 25 points of Wisdom till the end raiding zones of Velious- you fucking retards.
So your argument for going +25 wisdom is that you get 6 extra mana at level 1?

SMART
Old 02-13-2020, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorsmash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant talk now, playing +25 charisma healing troll shadowknight
Quote:
And no I was telling the truth, I did not read your wall of text. I'm only in here to poop in two realms at the same time. Like a fucking wizard
So this is when you take your ball and go home? Good

<The A-Team>
Old 02-14-2020, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polycaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
click 'assist the assist' macro
click backstab as it comes up
click 'evade' macro as it comes up
click pickpocket
click on corpse instant its dead to get the few coins left after pickpocket

rogue master class completed

You would think, huh? I guess you missed my seminar on getting your epic guildless. Or maxing poison with all vendors, that's actually on the wiki now I think. Or stat targets for gearing. Or setting up a two person corpse drag macro. How to compare offhands. Why push matters (does that still break spells?) Why dark elf rogue is best choice.

There's a lot of eclectic shit I learned during my safehouse years which isn't immediately apparent to someone picking up the best class in the game.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why dark elf rogue is best choice.
That PD robe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2020, 01:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would think, huh? I guess you missed my seminar on getting your epic guildless. Or maxing poison with all vendors, that's actually on the wiki now I think. Or stat targets for gearing. Or setting up a two person corpse drag macro. How to compare offhands. Why push matters (does that still break spells?) Why dark elf rogue is best choice.

There's a lot of eclectic shit I learned during my safehouse years which isn't immediately apparent to someone picking up the best class in the game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 54F3D42E-5903-4251-AC9D-768639FD627C.jpg (21.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-14-2020, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your argument for going +25 wisdom is that you get 6 extra mana at level 1?

SMART
I like how you actually typed that out then capitalized the word smart smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this is when you take your ball and go home? Good
Jesus I could hear the QQ through the interwebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Palin pic
I laughed more than I should have for probably the wrong reasons at that. Guess were in the timeline where people are clip n pasting from a 20 year old site and slapping their name on it, greeaat.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

I'm actually very curious on a few things:

-Why would dark elves make the best Rogue? They have the lowest starting strength, lowest stamina, lowest dexterity. They have evil faction so aren't welcome in most cities, and other races can simply get the Guise to have the dark elf look and ultravision.

-Even the P99 Wiki states that poisons are generally poor.
"Unfortunately, they aren't used much. Some of them are situational such as muscle lock IV procs, which are good for soloing if you're a rogue with high enough intimidate but the slows/snares/debuffs are weak in group/raid content and offer not a whole lot of benefit. " I remember playing on live, and it wasn't until Shissar poisons came out that I ever saw Rogues even starting to use them.

Lastly, were you saying they are the best class in the game? That's entirely subjective I guess, to a point. Curious why you think so.

Pro's:
Sneak/hide is useful, as is snagging corpses, lockpicking (at least for a few doors - couple in Old Seb, Chardok, and maybe 1 in City of Mist). Exp bonus is nice. Consistent DPS. Easy epic quest. Low pop numbers means they have a good chance at planar drops.

Con's:
Very group dependent (not necessarily a con), Evade can be unreliable (not nearly as good as Feign Death or Jolt for dropping aggro), extremely gear dependent (Classic offers little in the way of good piercers), generally won't top DPS parses until they get their epic, low level of utility outside pure DPS

Anyway. Certainly don't have anything against Rogue's, you just mentioned some things I haven't ever heard before.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Everyone is the same-ish stats in the end. Some of them can wear BIS pretty blue dresses. Dark elves can and they also confuse the shit out of people because the mask existing trips a bug in most people's code. This is kinda funny.
Old 02-14-2020, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Being KoS to most towns turns a mundane trip to the bank into dangerous content that you can circumvent with the rogue toolset. Rogues can bank anywhere. It's more interesting as a Dark Elf.

Poison can be a game changer for soloing. The root poison has a 30 sec 50% slow, which can make an otherwise impossible solo possible. There's not too many useful poisons, but snare and root/slow are amazing.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:23 PM
Kobold

+25cha for humans, some combination of str, cha and agi for erudite clerics...its a no brainer for me who would rather be a soloing cleric
Closed Thread