Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 01:36 AM
Fire Giant

Default Puget Sound Diving

Recently moved back to Washington state after living in Japan for a few years. Although the scenery is way different, i'm still getting my scuba dive on. And still being that one douche who insists on bringing a go pro.

Here's some shots from last weekend in the puget sound. Water temp was around 10 degrees C, or fucking cold degrees F.

https://vimeo.com/297016970

From wearing nothing but a rash guard in Okinawa, to a 7mm wetsuit and hood in the sound. The things we do to blow bubbles with the feesh.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

How was life above water in Japan? Did u fuck alot of japanese girls?
Old 10-29-2018, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Cool video. I've always wanted to try scuba diving. Were all of those anemone (I assume that's what they are) growing on some sort of structure? It didn't appear natural. Some kind of shipwreck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How was life above water in Japan? Did u fuck alot of japanese girls?
lol
Old 10-29-2018, 10:55 PM
Fire Giant

The dive site was a protected area called saltwater park. They sunk a bunch of concrete shapes and pillars to form an artificial reef of sorts.

Japan was rad. I lived there for 7 years with a pretty sweet job near Yokohama. Had a fucking blast and miss it a lot. Still dealing with the culture shock of being back in America haha.

Japanese girls love American men, and i had myself some fun, but you gotta be careful cuz them bitches is crazy.
Old 10-29-2018, 11:01 PM
Banned

You wanna induct me into your dive pal grp? i live nearby & allllways wanted to
Old 10-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The dive site was a protected area called saltwater park. They sunk a bunch of concrete shapes and pillars to form an artificial reef of sorts.
Ahhh ok, that's pretty neat. I really want to get over to Okinawa and try diving or snorkeling this next summer since it's not too far from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Japanese girls love American men, and i had myself some fun, but you gotta be careful cuz them bitches is crazy.
They do seem to love Americans. I'm pretty introverted, but it's not difficult at all to get dates here, even with my barely intermediate level of Japanese. I haven't had to deal with any crazy ones yet though. Maybe because I'm mid-30s and they got it out of their systems by this age.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

I don't really have a group. The local dive shop near me does monthly group dives so i just tagged along with them.

i highly recommend getting into diving though. i always talked about doing it, and when i finally got around to it i was hooked and kicked myself for not doing it sooner. Hardest part is committing to take the certification course. There's a whole nother world out there to explore though.

Not sure if i'll get back out again locally for a while. It's getting pretty cold and i'll be transition to ski gear soon.
Old 10-30-2018, 01:48 AM
Fire Giant

Holler if you to okinawa. I've been to main island, miyake jima, and ishigaki (my favorite). Can recommend dive companies too. Would be a good place to get certified cuz the waters warm and clear.
Closed Thread