View Poll Results: Do it?
Yes 14 41.18%
No 15 44.12%
7,057 day anniversary 10 29.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 09:32 PM
Banned

Hemingway is such an awful writer, A Farewell to Arms was the only real book in the mental hospital i got stuck in 1nce and god it was so tedious like the only note is gay pathos
Old 01-17-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

I can't debate you in good faith.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw the video and it was a cop lurking behind cover who fired without warning before she did any lunging. You talk about the severity of the situation because of the people behind the door but the cops were not enforcing the security of that important premises with lethal force in general. So, it was simply not to be expected. It was done with zero warning that he was lethally serious, no verbal warning no loud sounds no hand signals on a day when the rest of the cops were wearing kid gloves, and to the person who probably least deserved it.

If the cop were not lurking behind cover so overly-concerned for his own welfare he could have pistol whipped her at the window, he could have fired over the people's heads and sent them scattering like roaches. He could have done more. But he was panicked, or eager to shoot, or really internalized that dogma that the cop's life is the very most important one (but why yes i am a hero too).

Don't excuse the needless death of this poor lady because of your politics. And don't stay glued on your point like a kid. Go watch the video. A gunshot's percussion in that enclosed space with a crowd is PANIC inducing, man could have held the door with blanks but killed someone just in case. Probably following his training, which is therefore clearly flawed. I'm not a psycho feminist so I'm allowed to say that it's totally fucked up and pathetic for a man to shoot a woman in the throat without warning for looking through a window with the apparent intention to start threading her leg through it imminently, whoever it is down the hall.

If you're militarized cops, act like militarized cops uniformly. Don't surprise-pop the most sympathetic character on the scene and leave Baked Alaska in Pelosi's office to stream. No forceful verbal warnings, no clear posturing to fire, no nothing. Yes it's the heat of the moment, but if you can't calculate in the heat of the moment don't take a martial profession.

She was a girl riled up on group psychology, not a potent threat. The gunshot totally broke the mood at that doorway if ya didn't notice. Cop could have done more. Could have fired into the ceiling, could have behaved with honor. But instead followed training to the letter with no mercy. I'm not calling for him to be imprisoned -- this is entropy at work, really, the entropy of many poor-quality human beings, and more violence will not help--, only calling him a shame on his family. People who go blind when they face danger should not be police. And I'm lamenting the utterly senseless death of a mentally ill woman, killed by chaos in perhaps the most controllable of all situations on the premises that day. And bemoaning the poor quality of any loved ones in her life who did not discourage this behavior. And lastly, am expressing that it is sad to see the tribal apologetics for state violence every time it is applied to the audience's "other side".

These people are not demons any more than you are. We have been collectively abused. We are so alienated from the political process of our "democracy" that a cartoon frog has taken over discourse. This woman was killed by the storm of chaos and iniquity she was caught in -- not for her sins.

As for the policeman, he made the vocational decision to be in such situations but lacks the strength to behave with heart in them. Ergo he is a complete shitbird. Loser shot a woman to death. Could have achieved the same stopping power with a firecracker. Huge karmic backstep. Bad cop, no donut.
They are not demons but there is such a thing as reality. These people, all of them have chose not to believe in reality. You cant put that on that police officer or anyone else but them. They were not tricked. They were smart enough to defend our country, they knew that was the truth/reality when they were enlisted etc. I cant excuse their behavior because they chose to believe something that is not true and came from a pathological liar that never tells the truth especially to his supporters. It would be one thing if there was no proof of trump ever lying or no proof biden won but its a click away.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:05 PM
Banned

These people are denying reality just like BLM is denying reality. If you don’t agree with this you’re a partisan blob.
Old 01-17-2021, 11:43 PM
Banned

nobody is talking about them...
Old 01-17-2021, 11:53 PM
Planar Protector

Equating BLM to an insurrection instigated by the President is the most ridiculous whataboutism yet.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

If you dont see and already know why the people who rioted at the capitol were, and are victims, then you have no right to call yourself a liberal instead you can call yourself a authoritarian as well, you just like the communist rvesion instead of dictatorships.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you dont see and already know why the people who rioted at the capitol were, and are victims, then you have no right to call yourself a democrat and you can call yourself a authoritarian as well, you just like the communist version instead of dictatorships.
I don't call myself a democrat though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-18-2021, 12:04 AM
Planar Protector

I changed to liberal, I basically would like to change it to any of these words:

empathetic
good person
moral
intellectual

etc.
Old 01-18-2021, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I changed to liberal, I basically would like to change it to any of these words:

empathetic
good person
moral
intellectual

etc.
Don't let your brain leak out your ears my good chum.
Closed Thread