Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Double post apparently.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMartigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a bard, my favorite groups involve an enchanter and bard together. Get a few dps together, a solid tank and cleric, and a bard can pull and over pull because everyone's going to have mana and the mobs are going to die super fast.
A bard and chanter who work well together is an awesome thing to behold. Bard can pull multiples, he charms the first add, chanter mezzes the rest. You then have double charm pet dps, mobs waiting to be killed, and super mana regen.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard is a better raid class atm. Ideally, all or near-all raid groups would have bards in them. You really only need 2-4 enchanters for the vast majority of raids. As interactive and fun as the Enchanter class can be -- Bard is one of the only classes that is even more interactive and has even more possible uses.

It's hard to say who is faster at leveling. Enchanters get easy chardok groups...but Bards have swarm kiting. Both can charm or group (but id give the edge to enchanter here).
Chanter charm pet dps > most of your raid toon dps. On Phinny we roll like a dozen chanters each night. The hard part is finding pets for all of us but man shit dies fast. Trash clearing in Hate and Fear is completely trivial with half a dozen charm pets.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Bards are awesome. Remember they can charm for 18 second stints themselves, which makes it easy to kill the charmed pet when you're done with it. And AoE mez is a lifesaver with a bad pull. We call it "bard insurance". (Yes, it keeps working past level 25 mobs, no matter what the wiki tells you.) They can tank for awhile, too. I look at bards as the tank/enchanter hybrid that isn't. Also, the clarity songs stack with normal clarity.

There's no "better" here. Really, you can't go wrong with both a bard and an enchanter.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 01-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

If your using your AOE Mez past mistmoore then you are a brave soul.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 01-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Banned

does aoe mez even work? last time i tried i failed to aoe mez a group of level 10 mobs as a level 60 bard
Old 01-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If your using your AOE Mez past mistmoore then you are a brave soul.
aoe mez is the best!

level 57+ its basically the most op thing on the market.

I mean you might even get to a point where you replace your level 4 mez with aoe mez and just give zero fucks because you want more spell gems avail.

also aoe slow for shaman basically makes all enchanters go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] in group situations because their CC suddenly feels worthless.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
does aoe mez even work? last time i tried i failed to aoe mez a group of level 10 mobs as a level 60 bard
It works to the point of ridiculousness. We first noticed it in Kerra. Turns out even huge cat trains really enjoy a good song. Leveling up with my static group we'd frequently have 10+ goblins nodding their heads in Sola. (Once we had over 20, but it gets dicey with larger numbers; one bad rng will cause a lot of bashes and ruin your day.)

You get more resists later, when you're fighting mobs that are more magic resistant. But it stays useful. Best kept secret on the server imo. I don't know why the wiki claims it stops working at 25.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
aoe mez is the best!

level 57+ its basically the most op thing on the market.

I mean you might even get to a point where you replace your level 4 mez with aoe mez and just give zero fucks because you want more spell gems avail.

also aoe slow for shaman basically makes all enchanters go [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] in group situations because their CC suddenly feels worthless.
I think he was talking about bard AoE mez, not chanter. Chanter AoE mez is indeed the best, it is almost always my number 1 spell gem and I rarely use any other mez. I havent really used Bard AoE mez since the early Kunark nerf, so not sure if it is still worthless, but I'm pretty sure it isn't ridiculously OP like it used to be.

Edit: I think the reason the wiki claims it doesnt work as well 25+ is because it used to work amazingly well 25+, and in contrast it is a far cry from what it used to be. Bards used to be able to lock down entire end game zones, and unless things have changed, they definitely can't anymore. It might still be situationally useful now, especially at lower levels, but I highly doubt many 50+ bards are using it with any regularity.
Last edited by Loke; 01-04-2016 at 02:45 PM..
Old 01-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he was talking about bard AoE mez, not chanter. Chanter AoE mez is indeed the best, it is almost always my number 1 spell gem and I rarely use any other mez. I havent really used Bard AoE mez since the early Kunark nerf, so not sure if it is still worthless, but I'm pretty sure it isn't ridiculously OP like it used to be.

Edit: I think the reason the wiki claims it doesnt work as well 25+ is because it used to work amazingly well 25+, and in contrast it is a far cry from what it used to be. Bards used to be able to lock down entire end game zones, and unless things have changed, they definitely can't anymore. It might still be situationally useful now, especially at lower levels, but I highly doubt many 50+ bards are using it with any regularity.
Seems to work fine on 30+ mobs. In my experience it gets resisted about as often as any chanter mez, single target or group. It's irritating for it to get resisted once out of six mobs and then get bashed out of the song, sure; I think this is where people get agitated about it. But it definitely works.
Closed Thread