Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Fire Giant

After watching some videos I'm also a little tempted by bard swarm kiting. I never did it back in old eq but it looks like it could be fun. If I'm playing oddball hours it might be easier to avoid annoying people as I do it.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I give you 10 minutes before you're hooked and your life is fucked for at least a year.
QFT!
Old 06-08-2016, 03:03 AM
Large Rat

When i first started playing EQ 99. I did not like it much at all. I was like you....wanting to experience all the stuff again and Nostalgia etc, had alot of experience back then but felt a complete n00b starting here. You will actually smile how much you actually have forgotten...some good and annoying things.

I played on and off until one day i just got sucked into it. All the nostalgia is there, and it is pretty close to how it used to be back then. I play a Cleric(Warrior back then).....I got to lvl 36 pretty quickly, maybe a few weeks? a couple of months ago, hardly had much time until now i am back again to try get 50 +.

The community is pretty good too, if it was not for decent players helping I would not even be here still.

Its free....just try it.

Edit : To add, i agree also with trying a more solo friendly class. Even as a cleric i sometimes have trouble finding groups at peak times(Camps full etc)....and soloing is so slow as a Cleric.
Last edited by Vythica; 06-08-2016 at 03:10 AM..
Old 06-10-2016, 06:05 AM
Fire Giant

I live in Japan also, and I've played since like 2010 I think. It works just fine and you won't be short of people to group with. Maybe in lower level zones you'll be wishing more people were around, but at the levels that count you won't be looking too long. The upside is, things like seafuries and lots of other camps have a higher chance of being open when dudes like us are playing.

Hit me up on Mulder or Scully in game if you're bored!

For classes, I did one solo caster class (Druid) when I couldn't find groups, and one melee group class (rogue) for when I can. If you don't suffer from alt-itis, this is what I'd recommend.

All 3 classes you listed are great, but all play differently. Enchanter is hands down the most powerful for both soloing and grouping.

And hey, my shaman friend and I need someone to roll monk for our bro trio... What do you say? 8)
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Last edited by fuark; 06-10-2016 at 06:13 AM..
Old 06-10-2016, 06:18 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And hey, my shaman friend and I need someone to roll monk for our bro trio... What do you say? 8)
This also applies to any monks out there. 10/10 can confirm.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:58 AM
Planar Protector

Bard swarm kiting is fun when you do it for the first time, but then it quickly drops in fun interest. Give it a try if you want, but I wouldn't recommend as your main character.

Regarding other classes you are mentionning, any of those will do quite good solo wise, but if you also want to go with a group, I would say Enchanter is the best choice and druid is the worst one. Druids are quite ok in groups up to 50, then it quickly drops in efficiency 51+, though velious did bring osme interest back into the class.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 06-10-2016, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isoka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard swarm kiting is fun when you do it for the first time, but then it quickly drops in fun interest. Give it a try if you want, but I wouldn't recommend as your main character.

Regarding other classes you are mentionning, any of those will do quite good solo wise, but if you also want to go with a group, I would say Enchanter is the best choice and druid is the worst one. Druids are quite ok in groups up to 50, then it quickly drops in efficiency 51+, though velious did bring osme interest back into the class.
+1. Druid is the ultimate play-by-yourself class, but if you want to group very much then don't roll one.
Old 06-11-2016, 03:32 AM
Fire Giant

Hey Fuark,

Glad to see there's other people playing from Japan.

I'd be happy to roll a monk and play with you guys. But my playtime is going to be really inconsistent and I would be afraid that you'd either pull away from me or i'd hold you up.

I like the idea of playing multiple characters. one group friendly and one solo just in case group doesn't work out. And playing a caster/melee would keep things interesting.

Just got the game working on my mac last night. Logged in for maybe 10 minutes and was laughing at how confusing the UI was. I'm hoping to put in a few hours sunday afternoon/night. I'll hit you up if you're on.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

Did you end up getting to play at all nostalgia, and what did you end up rolling?

No worries about us pulling away, our chars are 60 already! If you need any help when you're on, hit me up man 8)
Old 06-13-2016, 10:37 AM
Banned

no
Closed Thread